Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nightmares are keeping me awake again.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:31 AM
  • 17 Replies
Does anyone else have nightmares? I have the stupid meaningless ones. Tonight it was all my teeth falling out, a couple nights ago i was eating salad and it was terrifying. Eating salad? Really? How can that be scary? Ive been like this all my life, just periodically i'll have nightmares every night all night long for awhile and then they'll go away again. I just really hate the ones where my teeth fall out. Hate that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alc4evermom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Yes I have been having them everynight!!! Not sure why. Last night it was Freddy crouger but I woke up lol a couple of nights ago I had a dre that a fitness instructor was really a witch and she have my boyfriend some drink and he became hypnotized and really buff but it was scary buff and no one believed me that the woman was evil
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aahudson
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yes I have them from time to time but not like I use to. I've had the one about my teeth falling out as well. I grind my teeth at night so that one has always been in the back of my mind. I worry about damaging my teeth from grinding them. Doing stress free activities before bed helps. If you go to bed with stuff on your mind it can come out in your dreams. 

iHay
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Haha i would believe that about a fitness instructor ;)

Quoting alc4evermom:

Yes I have been having them everynight!!! Not sure why. Last night it was Freddy crouger but I woke up lol a couple of nights ago I had a dre that a fitness instructor was really a witch and she have my boyfriend some drink and he became hypnotized and really buff but it was scary buff and no one believed me that the woman was evil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I have pretty horrific nightmares all the time, since I was maybe 13/14. So much so I was (embarrassed to say) afraid of the dark. Afraid of going to sleep. They're far worse when I'm sleeping alone. Sometimes I'll go long periods, even years between having any at all and then they'll plague me to the point I have to sleep with the bedroom light on. My ex-SO teased me about it once and I broke down, they were so bad. He never made light of it again. But yea. I've been sleeping alone since June and they were really bad. I don't sleep good at all anymore. I did find a sleep remedy that's helped so I'm getting comfortable maybe they're gone for good. But I hate relying on a pill for anything so I don't know how long it'll last.

iHay
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Aww im sorry, mine are usually silly in the light o day but i have had ones like that where its bad youre afraid to go to sleep. I havent had any like that in years. Have you tried taking b vitamins? I know that helps my mom and brother.

Quoting justahousewife:

I have pretty horrific nightmares all the time, since I was maybe 13/14. So much so I was (embarrassed to say) afraid of the dark. Afraid of going to sleep. They're far worse when I'm sleeping alone. Sometimes I'll go long periods, even years between having any at all and then they'll plague me to the point I have to sleep with the bedroom light on. My ex-SO teased me about it once and I broke down, they were so bad. He never made light of it again. But yea. I've been sleeping alone since June and they were really bad. I don't sleep good at all anymore. I did find a sleep remedy that's helped so I'm getting comfortable maybe they're gone for good. But I hate relying on a pill for anything so I don't know how long it'll last.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Yea. Strangely enough this sleep supplement I've started taking has really done some good. It's got GABA, 5htp and a couple of other brain healthy components. It doesn't help at all with the sleep but it makes for some serious peace of mind when I'm not sleeping. I suppose if I can't sleep it's nice to be happy when I'm not sleeping. lol 

Quoting iHay:

Aww im sorry, mine are usually silly in the light o day but i have had ones like that where its bad youre afraid to go to sleep. I havent had any like that in years. Have you tried taking b vitamins? I know that helps my mom and brother.

Quoting justahousewife:

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I go through phases. When Im stressed out I have weird nightmares, bt when Im super stressed I have night terrors which are horrifying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I go through phases. When Im stressed out I have weird nightmares, bt when Im super stressed I have night terrors which are horrifying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

The other night, I thought my house was shaken so bad, but I was still in my bed exactly where it should be.  I woke up and i hate it that I have a difficult time sleeping.

MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM

WOW....I don't have this problem...have a bad dream once in a while...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)