Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:02 AM
  • 12 Replies
Okay ladies i have a question. My ex and I dont have an arraignment and its almost Thanksgiving.Every year we spend it together anyways. This year he will prob take his new girlfriend but I dont want him taiking my son. My son is Autistic and hates his fam.Thats why I would go to his fam. I feel really wierd arround them but I did it for my son. My son is also a very very picky eater.He WILL NOT EAT AT THERE HOME. We had agreed my son will stay with me.Today for some reason I looked at his facebook and he had an invite he and my son are going. He still has not told me anything. There is a poss. he is just saying my son will go then just not taike him. What shpuld I do he is usually understandable but I am not letting him go. I have physical custody.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I would ask him about it. See what he has to say.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Talk to him about it and remind him of the agreement that you've already made that your son will be with you for Thanksgiving this year.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Whatever your court order relating to visitation is. 

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Since there is no court order visitation, I'm guessing, your son doesn't have to go.  Don't talk to your ex about it until he brings it up; then mention to him the arrangement you both agreed on, and just talk about it.  

tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM
This.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Talk to him about it and remind him of the agreement that you've already made that your son will be with you for Thanksgiving this year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM
What does your custody order say about it this year? If you have him, problem solved. If he gets him, theres nothing you can do except remind him what yall agreed on and hope he honors it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barblicious
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Clearly you have to do what is best for your son. His father should understand that.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I wouldn't worry about what your ex wants if the visitation specifically states holidays are to be shared with you.  If it doesn't state that then you have no choice but to allow your son to be with his father.  Sorry about the gf.  I feel your pain.

maguilar
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I cash we spoke to him about it and he just maid a funny face and sd im sure he will have fun with all his cousens this year
So my fam. it is ! Thnks for the advice im glad I just asked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM

If the two of you are generally civil towards each other then casually ask him, just say you want to make sure both of you are on the same page regarding Thanksgiving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)