Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who wants to help calculate my average? (pretty please?) :D

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Do I have a chance of passing?

Options:

Yes

Possibly

No way in hell

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

So out of 4 classes I'm passing 3 pretty well. My pysch class I am completely failing. My current grade in the class is a 45 (yes I know terrible) I spoke with my instructor and she said I MAY have a chance of passing with a low C if I do well from here on out. When I calculate my average online I have a 61 instead of a 45. Yes it is still failing BUT it is closer to the 70 I need to pass the class. So who wants to help me? Thanks ladies!

Also, what would I need to get on the written project and the final? 3 discussion board assignments have not been graded along with one quiz I have not taken yet.

Assignments& Percentages                  Grades

Exams- 36%                                              0, 60, 78

Quizzes- 24%                                           97, 75, 75, 60, 55, 70, 80, 75, 40,

Discussion Boards- 16%                     80, 0, 90,

Final- 12%                                                 Not yet taken

Written Project- 12%                            Not started yet

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Your teacher is being generous if she's going to bump the average up to a low C if you do well.  It must mean she plans on dropping some of the 0's.  When I calculate it, you'd have to get 100% on everything else to get a 71 in the class. 

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Really? Yes the teacher does drop the lowest grade for each thing like the exams, quizzes, etc. Um so to pass I'd have to get a 100% on the final as well?

Quoting DDDaysh:

Your teacher is being generous if she's going to bump the average up to a low C if you do well.  It must mean she plans on dropping some of the 0's.  When I calculate it, you'd have to get 100% on everything else to get a 71 in the class. 

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I'd have to recalculate it if she dropped a grade.  I meant to send you the excel file I did up, but CM will only allow pictures to be sent, no other kinds of files. 

If she truly drops the lowest grade on every type of assignment, then you've got alot more wiggle room.  You'd have 45 points already and you need at least 70 points to get a C, but there are still 36 points available, so you'd only need less than half of them for a C. 

If she doesn't drop the lowest grade though, your 0's weigh your average down too much to really recover from. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Really? Yes the teacher does drop the lowest grade for each thing like the exams, quizzes, etc. Um so to pass I'd have to get a 100% on the final as well?

Quoting DDDaysh:

brieri
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Stick with your teacher.  These hurt my brain. 

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Exactly. She may also weigh tests and quizzes different than papers or homework.

Quoting brieri:

Stick with your teacher.  These hurt my brain. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)