Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are you mean to your ex?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 57 Replies

I am just still so pissed at my ex for leaveing me and the kids for the second time and anytime i have to talk to him i am a huge bitch to him ( never in front of the kids) and i try to be nice at first but he always has to say something he knows will piss me off and i cant help but blow up. Has anyone else went threw that? How do you stop being so mad at them? I have really been trying to be nice to him but anytime we have to talk he just says the wrong things or wants me to feel sorry for him!!!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strngenough
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Well my ex is manipulative. I just stopped giving in to the bait. Then things went smoother. Oh and then I hung up nicely and ranted to an empty room all the things I wanted to say to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia9804
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quoting strngenough:

Well my ex is manipulative. I just stopped giving in to the bait. Then things went smoother. Oh and then I hung up nicely and ranted to an empty room all the things I wanted to say to him.

lol i usually just write everything out that i wanna say to him and then delet it or throw it away but there are other times when im talking to him i cant help but be mean to him...

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We always got along until a couple of years ago. Now we only communicate through text, which I scan instead of read, and we barely grunt when we see each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I used to be pissed at my ex, I got over it.  Now i just hang up on him every time he tries to pick a fight.  We get a long most of the time.  

alicia9804
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
lol ok i dont feel as bad now.. in my family they call me the big bitch cause i have always belived in telling the truth weather people liked it or not and i always say whats on my mind and since i had my kids i have tried to be nicer but when i get really pissed i just cant stop myself from not saying anything. me and my ex were only supposed to be emailing echother cause i didnt wanna him thinking he could call or text me tryin to getme to talk dirty to him like beore but with my sons bday comeing up i wanted to b nice and do what was right. but i cant stand men like that..
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as you're angry, you're giving him power over you. I don't want anyone like that having power over me, so I learned to let it go. In the end, my being mad never hurt him. Cause he didn't care about me.

Just do your best to let it go. The more you do the easier it gets.

Also, if you believe in prayer, pray for help to let is go and specifically pray for him by name. It really does help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barblicious
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have given up being nice. ANY time I was nice to him, he assumed I had an ulterior motive to get him back.

It is so f'ing insulting to me. I have told him too many times what a loser I believe he is, and how glad I am that we aren't together, and he and I have moved on... but STILL he assumes me being nice in anyway is me attempting to get in his bed.

So now I don't speak to him about anything, we barely speak about our daughter as we swap her - for her access time with him. Everything important that he needs to know I send by email. If he attempts to get chatty by text or email I just do not reply. I am done being kind to him.

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Alot of the time i am. Ive told him hes a loser and a dead beat dad. He isnt paying child support. He isnt even seeing our kids. Im always the one asking him if he wants to see them. Im sick of it. Even his family is getting sick of his behavior. Its pathetic really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
No but then again I don't speak to or see him. My son doesn't talk to him either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia9804
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM

ried to be nice the first time we split after a few months of us not talking and everytime i was being nice he did the same thing assumed there was something i wanted or that i was trying to get him back and the first couple of months of our split i did want my family back but after getting into a really big fight with him we stoped speaking and after a few months i was finally getting over him and moveing on and when he would show up to "see" the kids he would really only say hi to the kids and give them a hug mayb and then start tryin to get me to sleep with him and it would piss him off when i wouldnt and would start another fight and when he finally saw me and the kids were happy and doing good without him started talking all sweet and i didnt want that to happen again this time. i do still love him but i am finally happy again like i was before we got back together. but for him to try and make me feel sorry for him or make me feel like it was my fault just lol gets me mad.

Quoting Barblicious:

I have given up being nice. ANY time I was nice to him, he assumed I had an ulterior motive to get him back.

It is so f'ing insulting to me. I have told him too many times what a loser I believe he is, and how glad I am that we aren't together, and he and I have moved on... but STILL he assumes me being nice in anyway is me attempting to get in his bed.

So now I don't speak to him about anything, we barely speak about our daughter as we swap her - for her access time with him. Everything important that he needs to know I send by email. If he attempts to get chatty by text or email I just do not reply. I am done being kind to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN