Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are you mean to your ex?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am just still so pissed at my ex for leaveing me and the kids for the second time and anytime i have to talk to him i am a huge bitch to him ( never in front of the kids) and i try to be nice at first but he always has to say something he knows will piss me off and i cant help but blow up. Has anyone else went threw that? How do you stop being so mad at them? I have really been trying to be nice to him but anytime we have to talk he just says the wrong things or wants me to feel sorry for him!!!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (51-57):
SweetlilM
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I'm bitchy but, he would probably disagree. lol I personally do not care what he thinks of me because, I know I am doing what is best for our children and he can like or not. That is his choice to make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheka1
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM

It's hard but you need to try to forgive him & just act like you didn't hear what he said.  How long have ya'll been divorced?

Armygirl2299703
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:26 AM

The only way I ever feel sorry for my ex is that he was dumb enough to choose drinking over the best "things" in his life - our DD and I.  We were planning to get married, he bought a ring and was planning on how he was going to purpose but after I broke up with him he decided to date a married woman and put it on her finger. Haha..she never left her husband. Her hubby knew about him, me and our baby on the way. He was very polite and respectful towards us, just not her. He took the kids, house etc and she didn't get shit in the divorce and then went and married one of her other bf's. 

Anyhow, I am still very angry with my ex in some ways and I left him. We were together for 5yrs before I got pregnant. He said all the right things to me and even got down on his knees when I went to his work one day to have lunch with him so he could see our DD (she was about 8wks old) and we decided to give it another go and about a month later we moved in with him because I couldn't take my moms bullshit about giving it another try even tho it was for Lyric more then anything, so she could have both her parents under the same roof. Needless to say, a couple months later I went back to my moms until I could get on my feet again. He just wouldn't lay off the drinking. It didn't matter if I went out and got a 6pk, he wanted to go out. I'm pretty sure he was cheating, or at least trying, which to me is just as bad as doing it. Our DD is now 6yrs old and sometimes I just wanna knock his head off his shoulders and then a tiny part of me still wants to be with him because he is her dad and I wish we could have the life we were planning. Then reality hits...specially the last couple of years where he's done nothing but go down hill. I fear the day I get a phone call telling me he's had another heartattack (had one at 35 when I was about 6 1/2 months preg) and has passed away. He can be a douche but I still want him to be a part of my DD's life in so many ways because I don't want her growing up with the resentment I did and still do have for my dad who was never around.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:14 AM

My ex isn't worth me being mean...I don't deal with him

alicia9804
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

we have been divorced for 2 years but we were together for another year after we got divorced

Quoting sheka1:

It's hard but you need to try to forgive him & just act like you didn't hear what he said.  How long have ya'll been divorced?

Tish_Hughes
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
No, I'm not mean at all. I got over that when he drive from Georgia to Oklahoma and back to get our child when I couldn't. We get along fine now. That was a year ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I hate my ex, I am not mean to him but I do not make his life very easy with seeing his son because of the horrible choices he's made that affect my son, so I will continue to shelter my son until he gets better people in his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN