Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Nervous about meeting the parents

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 35 dating a 26 yr old for 8 mo now and it's about that time on Thanksgivng to meet his mom and the rest of his family. I met his stepdad by chance last week. It wouldn't be so bad but bringing the 6 yr ol ds in tow it just feels weird. His sister had 4 kids so he'll have someone to play with and it gives me something to check on in case the bf gets pulled away. I just know I'm going to drop something, say something wrong, my kiddo will do something wrong..the list is endless. I guess there's no reason to this post just need to reassurance. This is first "real" relationship since I've been single so the first set of parents I've had to meet. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
justahousewife
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Nerve wrecking for sure. Try to not over think it, that will get you in trouble the most. Just be open, don't shut down because you're nervous. 

Good luck.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I'm sure it'll go well, just have fun!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Try not to overthink it because is the down fall, I had to do the whole meet the family and friends things when I started dating and it's akward at first but if you relax, then they relax, if your nervours they will be too. So take a big breath and say " this is no big deal, everything will be good". Oh and always bring a bottle of wine for your sake and theirs lol 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

I would be too if datng such a yung won!

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Meeting the family sucks. Just be yourself. If youre good enough for him, odds are youre good enough for his family. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Im sure everything will be fine. If it helps, when my boyfriend and I first started talking/were together he was actually deployed in Iraq...we'd known each other for YEARS before. But we were together for eight months, and when he came home I met him literally when he stepped foot on base. His parents were there too...and this was the first time I ever met them. Very awkward haha..but I love em.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

By met..I meant greeted..this wasnt the first time we'd seen each other ever...just the first time in about ten years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN