Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I told my ex I'm PREGNANT with his baby

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 30 Replies

So I posted a few weeks ago that I was debating telling my ex that we would becoming parents again to a second child. Well since then I have actually spoke to my ex in person and told him that I was pregnant and that it was his child. I wasn't sure what reaction I would get from him but surprisingly enough he was complete "gentleman" about it,  he asked if I needed anything from him that he was willing to make arrangements so I'm comfortable and well taken care of while I'm pregnant and the next morning I received a call from my divorce lawyer that my husband lawyer wanted to change our child support arrangement to include the new child , as well as changes to his will.  Financially he is a wonderful man and I'm thankful for that but I'm more thankful for his new found concern over my health and well being since my last pregnancy was extremely difficult, he has actually come to one appointment and has actually seen our son twice in the past month which is a lot for him since our son rarely see him once every three to four months, I really hope that he can keep this up.

This weekend we plan on having lunch with my family to tell them together we are expecting another child and dinner plans with his family to announce that we are expecting at this point I have a belly poking out so it's a great time to share before speculation starts roaming around.

Thank you again to those of  you that give me wonderful advice and didn't judge me, I look forward to sharing more in this group.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Congrats on the second child.  You are very lucky to have a nice ex.  He's stepping up to responsibility.  I hope you two are able to continue the decent relationship that you have. 

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Thank you we had a good divorce and we had an ok relationship since then, the only big issue with us has been the lack of time he spend with our son but he seem to want to fix that lately so I welcome the change and I hope it stays so our new child can benefit from it.

Quoting steviechick:

Congrats on the second child.  You are very lucky to have a nice ex.  He's stepping up to responsibility.  I hope you two are able to continue the decent relationship that you have. 

maia188
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy! Thats great your ex is concerned about your health and everything and stepping up. Hope it stays that way for ya. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Wow nice, that made me smile.  Wish my ex would have been that way with me.  Congrats on your pregnancy!!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Trust me I been smiling at his "new found" concern for us just hope it sticks. And thanks I'm just finally getting over morning sickness and starting to feel the pregnancy "glow"

Quoting mytrueloveS:

Wow nice, that made me smile.  Wish my ex would have been that way with me.  Congrats on your pregnancy!!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Thanks me too. 

Quoting maia188:

Congrats on your pregnancy! Thats great your ex is concerned about your health and everything and stepping up. Hope it stays that way for ya. :)

KRIZZ25
get man out of the white house put god back in and see what happens..
Yesterday at 1:03 PM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
no bashing but u to are getting divorced but u had sex now have new baby on way?? i just see this a lot ..i dont get it..any way good luck..
OneTiredMama86
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Congrats on the baby. When are you due? I am glad you can have a decent ex to be dealing with. I wish you luck Momma and hope he keeps being a stand up guy about all of this. :)

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I been divorced for two years from my ex actually and we got caught up in a moment a few months back and I became pregnant, yes it happens. And if you were trying to ask why the divorce if we are still having sex, it's was the first time since our divorce two years ago that we had sex with each other and I did not divorce him from lack of love , I did so because a marriage needs to have two people in it, not one holding up the house while the other is away 95% of the time. Thanks for wishing me good luck but I'm sure they are odder circumstance by which woman get pregnant.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

no bashing but u to are getting divorced but u had sex now have new baby on way?? i just see this a lot ..i dont get it..any way good luck..

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I'm due at the end of May , so I'm happy about not needing to be all hot and pregnant in the summer. And thanks I really do hope he keeps it up as well so far it's been a month and his step up a lot more then I expected him too. He is trying to even come to an ultrasound appointment I have tomorrow, so we will see. I will keep you guys updated.

Quoting OneTiredMama86:

Congrats on the baby. When are you due? I am glad you can have a decent ex to be dealing with. I wish you luck Momma and hope he keeps being a stand up guy about all of this. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)