Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I told my ex I'm PREGNANT with his baby

So I posted a few weeks ago that I was debating telling my ex that we would becoming parents again to a second child. Well since then I have actually spoke to my ex in person and told him that I was pregnant and that it was his child. I wasn't sure what reaction I would get from him but surprisingly enough he was complete "gentleman" about it,  he asked if I needed anything from him that he was willing to make arrangements so I'm comfortable and well taken care of while I'm pregnant and the next morning I received a call from my divorce lawyer that my husband lawyer wanted to change our child support arrangement to include the new child , as well as changes to his will.  Financially he is a wonderful man and I'm thankful for that but I'm more thankful for his new found concern over my health and well being since my last pregnancy was extremely difficult, he has actually come to one appointment and has actually seen our son twice in the past month which is a lot for him since our son rarely see him once every three to four months, I really hope that he can keep this up.

This weekend we plan on having lunch with my family to tell them together we are expecting another child and dinner plans with his family to announce that we are expecting at this point I have a belly poking out so it's a great time to share before speculation starts roaming around.

Thank you again to those of  you that give me wonderful advice and didn't judge me, I look forward to sharing more in this group.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
jillian9412
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

your lucky to have that. i didnt tell my ex i was pregnant for 5 months because he was with another girl and i was scared of his reaction then he figured it out for himself 2 days before his sisters funeral and then a week later he totally blew up in my face because i shouldve told him instead of keeping it from him but it was for a good reason. now my little girl is born and he tries but he doesnt try hard enough and hes a complete ass to me. he has no emotions at all towards his child even when shes sick.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I know I really wished other men would be, it takes more then just the woman to make the baby.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Thats awesome! Too bad all men arent that responsible.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I really hope he continues for our son and new baby's sake.

Quoting raegan1221:

Wow that is great! He sounds like he's really stepping up. Good for you, hon!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM

That is great, congrats to you as well. Keep me updated too it's nice to have a due date buddy, not many friends around me pregnant at the moment.

Quoting OneTiredMama86:

Quoting victoriahearts:

I'm due at the end of May , so I'm happy about not needing to be all hot and pregnant in the summer. And thanks I really do hope he keeps it up as well so far it's been a month and his step up a lot more then I expected him too. He is trying to even come to an ultrasound appointment I have tomorrow, so we will see. I will keep you guys updated.

Quoting OneTiredMama86:

Congrats on the baby. When are you due? I am glad you can have a decent ex to be dealing with. I wish you luck Momma and hope he keeps being a stand up guy about all of this. :)

Looks Like we are both having May babies. I too am glad not to have to go through the hot summer months lol. I agree there are odder ways woman get pregnant. Please do keep us updated and again I wish you luck :D

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Thank you and I need all the prayers I can get with my ex, he always starts off with good attentions so hopefully he will continue thruough.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Absolutely WONDERFUL to hear. Congratulations to you on your next blessing and I will be praying the ex continues to behave this way ALWAYS.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I"m sorry to hear that, it has to be tough for you and your little girl. I am lucky , financially he has always lived up to his obligations, it's getting his to be there for our son that has been hard even before we got divorced. So I'm happy he is making the effort to do better by our son and this new baby, I hope it continues. And I really hope you and your little girl can make throught this ok.

Quoting jillian9412:

your lucky to have that. i didnt tell my ex i was pregnant for 5 months because he was with another girl and i was scared of his reaction then he figured it out for himself 2 days before his sisters funeral and then a week later he totally blew up in my face because i shouldve told him instead of keeping it from him but it was for a good reason. now my little girl is born and he tries but he doesnt try hard enough and hes a complete ass to me. he has no emotions at all towards his child even when shes sick.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Wow.. so nice to hear some positivity from the Dad side. :o) So glad for you, hope it continues!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thanks it's so nice to actually be able to say it and have it happen.

Quoting PaperClip811:

Wow.. so nice to hear some positivity from the Dad side. :o) So glad for you, hope it continues!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I'm glad to hear that he reacted in a positive way.  I hope he continues to do so!  Congrats on your second child!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Thank you despite everything we both seem excited to be having another child, gives our son some company.

Quoting easinpc:

I'm glad to hear that he reacted in a positive way.  I hope he continues to do so!  Congrats on your second child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)