Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

why

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
Why in the world do grandparents always try to take over things do they really know best?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Well, I'm lucky to have a wonderful mother.  She's been a good grandmother to my DD.  My ex-IL's have been good to my DD, too.  Neither of them have tried to take over the way I raise my child. 

I think sometimes grandparents have another option to do 'better' with grandchildren.  Something that they feel they didn't quite do when they were parents with us.  They mean well, but they actually do worse.

khalilsmylove
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I think sometimes they do know best but it is hard if you feel like they are taking over or not considering your opinion.  My mother is helpful but no to intruding, what I have had to do sometimes with her or his great grama is accept your position, even though your a parent, they still at one time wiped your butt your an adult but still their child.  So taking advice from them isn't so bad, but try to not look at it as offending your parenting skills their just your elders giving their advice from their perspective. I've found when I look  at peoples as elders instead of equals then it isnt as big of a deal.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I can't say I've experienced this.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

They don't always know best but it sure is hard proving it to them lol

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I don't know, mine were always good.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM
As a grandmother I can tell you its because we are trying to help. Sometimes doing things the old fashioned way works better than the way its done now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j.carter89
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Yea idk I live with my parents and everytime I have my daughter and she starts screaming they come in our room and take her away it's almost like my daughter don't know who I am cuz she gets more excited when my.parents come home and she's only 6 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)