Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

woman died after been denied an abortion

Posted by   + Show Post

Well Im living in Ireland and there has been a major devastation here...I dunno if America has heard of it but the rest of Europe has heard and thinks its outragous!!

A woman was 17 weeks pregnant and went to hospital complaining of pains and was told she was having a miscarraige. She was in agony for days and her and her husband both asked continuesly for an abortion just to bring the miscarraige on faster so that the women wouldnt be in so much pain.

She was refused with the doctors and nurses claiming "this is a catholic country" therefore abortion is forbiden. she went on miscarry a few days later naturally but because she had to hold the infected fetus in her for so long she ended up dying 2 days later.

There is absolute outrage here and all accross Europe about this case and alot of protests are taking place not only in Ireland but in England too.

Iv always been pro choice and had an illegal abortion in Ireland for personal reasons and therefore know 1st hand how bad people can be here where it comes to this subject.

Have you heard about this and what are your opinions on what should happen next??

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Replies (11-16):
Cpop1980
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM

<a=href>http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ireland-mourns-death-of-woman-denied-abortion-doctors-say-abortion-law-is-too-unclear/2012/11/15/62b12b8e-2f38-11e2-af17-67abba0676e2_story.html</a=href>

Baby still had a heartbeat.

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

This is why I believe religion should stay out of hospitals. Well, I should say have no CONTROL over hospitals and the medical needs of patents.  I find it sicking that a DR would refuse treatment to someone. The DR and nurse involved should be fired.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM

How horrible!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I did hear about it and think that it is so sad.  I can't believe they just left her like that :(

mhaney03
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

This isn't the whole story.. while I agree it shouldn't have happened, it is legal in Ireland to get an abortion in the case of the life of the mother.  Also, she was Indian, it sounds like a case of shitty, racist doctors.

Aslen
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Doctors TOLD her she was miscarrying... Heartbeat or no, the pregnancy should have been ended.

Quoting Cpop1980:

<a=href>http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ireland-mourns-death-of-woman-denied-abortion-doctors-say-abortion-law-is-too-unclear/2012/11/15/62b12b8e-2f38-11e2-af17-67abba0676e2_story.html</a=href>

Baby still had a heartbeat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN