Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
This thanksgiving will be the first time I have to let my kids go with my ex and was wondering how much time do you give them to pick up the kids before you finally give up and leave? I don't know that it will happen but in the past he hasn't showed up on the days he was supposed to to see our kids or he was very late before I let it go cause he never took them over nite except once and only had them 1 nite. Just wondering so I can be prepared for anything that might happen and have something ready to tell my kids when they ask why dady didn't pick them up..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Replies (11-13):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Agreed!

Quoting brieri:

Do everything in your power by calling him or have the kids call to verify time.  If he doesn't show by the time he states within 1 hour, leave a note at your door where you will be and he can then pick them up from there.  Or call just before leaving and tell him you are out the door and he can pick them up at the other person's home.  If he doesn't show then it's no longer your problem.  Just document it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia9804
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I have documented everything he has done and sent to him since when it all started going bad and havent stoped and i make sure i have everything writen down like my lawyer said to do. also this time around we are suppsed to be meeting in a public place cuase last time everytime he would come to my house to get the kids he spent more time trying to get me into bed then spending time with the kids and i didnt want to happen this time. I also know that if i do like i did last time which was give him extra time when he was late or let him come and go as he pleased he took full advantage of it and this time around i dont think he should be able to do that and i didnt want it last time but the kids still didnt understand and they thought i was beeing the bad guy so thats why i aways gave in and i know if i do it again it will be likebefore and they will end up getting hurt over and over.

Quoting brieri:

Do everything in your power by calling him or have the kids call to verify time.  If he doesn't show by the time he states within 1 hour, leave a note at your door where you will be and he can then pick them up from there.  Or call just before leaving and tell him you are out the door and he can pick them up at the other person's home.  If he doesn't show then it's no longer your problem.  Just document it.

Barblicious
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM

The old saying is "give them an inch and they will take a mile"...

I'd do as other suggest, wait a set time and leave. He should take the responsibility to call if he is running late. 

My daughter's dad is the same, always PUSHING me, cancels on his whims but demands all this extra time when it works for him, with no regard for the agreement we have. Anytime I bend and give him his demands he demands more and more THEN accuses me of being a dictator when I put my foot down and say No to anything.

Kids need schedules and reliable parents. It sucks when you are dealing with a man-child that has no schedule or cares that you do. UGH 

GOOD LUCK!

Quoting alicia9804:

I have documented everything he has done and sent to him since when it all started going bad and havent stoped and i make sure i have everything writen down like my lawyer said to do. also this time around we are suppsed to be meeting in a public place cuase last time everytime he would come to my house to get the kids he spent more time trying to get me into bed then spending time with the kids and i didnt want to happen this time. I also know that if i do like i did last time which was give him extra time when he was late or let him come and go as he pleased he took full advantage of it and this time around i dont think he should be able to do that and i didnt want it last time but the kids still didnt understand and they thought i was beeing the bad guy so thats why i aways gave in and i know if i do it again it will be likebefore and they will end up getting hurt over and over.

Quoting brieri:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)