Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I don't want him to come back.

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

My ex bf and I had been split up for 2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant.  He immediately wanted me to get an abortion, but I just couldn't do it.  He yelled at me, called me a liar, told me I was a bad person for weeks, so I stopped talking to him.  One day he decided that he was sorry and he wanted to be a part of this child's life and I was happy.  I didn't need him to be with me, but I wanted my child to know his father.  A few weeks later he started yelling at me again and telling me I was going to make a terrible parent.  I couldn't do it anymore, so I moved from Ohio to Florida to move into my parent's house.  I felt I needed support and he had blocked my calls and if I tried to email him he would make threats of restraining orders and such.  I'm 32 weeks now and I am terrified that he is going to try to come after me once the baby is born.  I know that a lot of people would tell me to go for the child support, but I really don't want him in my life at all.  I don't want to get belittled and put down all the time for doing my best and what I think is right.  What do I do if he tries?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strngenough
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
That is a horrible spot to be in. I'm so sorry. Try to relax and not worry about it. I don't think there's anything preventative you can do. Hold on to any threatening email or text you have and don't put him on the bc for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Cpop1980
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Hi, I have posted a few times on other people's threads, but I never said anything on my own before.  It's kind of hard to admit some of our problems. 

My dad called me today and asked me if I'd heard from bd and it got me all stirred up.  I just hate that he has to ask me all the time, I would so much rather keep him out of my head and face my life alone, and then I found myself getting really upset.  I'm sure it'll pass, I'm probably just super hormonal.

strngenough
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I'm 19 weeks pregnant I know the feeling. Hard not to think about these things.

Quoting Cpop1980:

Hi, I have posted a few times on other people's threads, but I never said anything on my own before.  It's kind of hard to admit some of our problems. 

My dad called me today and asked me if I'd heard from bd and it got me all stirred up.  I just hate that he has to ask me all the time, I would so much rather keep him out of my head and face my life alone, and then I found myself getting really upset.  I'm sure it'll pass, I'm probably just super hormonal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

So do what my ex has done, verily, verily i say unto you, if he does to take you to court, don't follow the court order and you will certainly have your child on a fully time basis and you not recieve any type of child support whatsoever or anything that comes up should something happen to you or your child, til your child is of age at which time your child then will want to find his father.  Teach him all the wrongs in the world your child won't care. 

Cpop1980
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow.

Quoting brieri:

So do what my ex has done, verily, verily i say unto you, if he does to take you to court, don't follow the court order and you will certainly have your child on a fully time basis and you not recieve any type of child support whatsoever or anything that comes up should something happen to you or your child, til your child is of age at which time your child then will want to find his father.  Teach him all the wrongs in the world your child won't care. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Yeds, my ex diidn't follow the court order and therefore he forfieted all child support and much of everything else, he is to pay the children's college tuitions and their cars and everything else.  My kids don't know right from wrong and he is a bonehead. 

strngenough
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Yeah not sure where that was going even after the next explanation.

Quoting Cpop1980:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow.

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpop1980
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Ok I still don't understand how that pertains to my situation.  We haven't been to court, the child isn't even born yet.  I just live in fear and you are giving me some more negative stuff.  Way to worry someone a little further. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

That's what your going to have to decide when the baby is born.  If you want child support, your going to have to take him to court.  If you don't and you want to live in fear nd recieve nothing, then do absolutely nothing about it.  My ex has our children, I am the mom and because of what he did not only to me, but to our children, the Judge let me off having to pay him child support after years of going through a custody case.  I haven't sseen or heard frm my children in years now.  I have court order that states the children were allowed to contact me anytime they wanted to, and i wasn't allowed to give them that informatin.  So whos going to tell them? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)