Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

ex apologized

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 18 Replies
So my ex called me 2 days ago to apologize for the way he treated me when we were together. Also he apologized for not beliving me about me being pregnant and having a miscarrige, even after I had showed him the medical papers. Well the following night he texted me n we started texting n remembering old times our memories togheter. I asked him what did he want he keeps saying nothing just wanted to apologize am soo confused at why now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this
There are occasions where people realize the wrongs they've done and feel compelled to apologize for their actions. They're not always looking for something though. And many people don't even get the courtesy of an apology. That was big of him to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM
This

Quoting sid1083:

There are occasions where people realize the wrongs they've done and feel compelled to apologize for their actions. They're not always looking for something though. And many people don't even get the courtesy of an apology. That was big of him to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Don't let him lead you along, you will only be heart broken again. 

LauraMH
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad he apologized, but I would just accept the apology and leave it at that. I wouldn't keep talking to him. He is an ex for a reason. He treated you badly, you can forgive him, but don't forget it.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

My ex tried to apologize to me through e-mails because he was too much of a coward to talk to me in person for cheating on me.  His pathetic apology didn't even resonate with me simply because he was lying and cheating on me for three years.   He had plenty of enough time to come clean about his sexual prowess and fathering a child with his bimbo.  At least your ex gave you a good reason why he messed up.  I agree with the other posters, forget about this bozo and move on.  Trying to remember the good old days is nice but it won't change what he did.  I have memories of my ex, too.  But, they will never makeup for the diabolical things he did to hurt me.  Better off forgetting about him.

mhaney03
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

My ex has done the whole apoogizing thing, but don't let him mess with your head. Accept the apology (and in my case, he bought me an iPod touch) and move on.

Yeah, he bought me an ipod cause I guess that makes up for all of his parenting slack I had to pick up??

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting sid1083:

amylee88
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Man that's fuuny sorry just the whole buying u something like that's all we need right. Well I took the apology but I kept asking whta he wanted because of the whole remembering n because he invited me to the movies

Quoting mhaney03:

My ex has done the whole apoogizing thing, but don't let him mess with your head. Accept the apology (and in my case, he bought me an iPod touch) and move on.

Yeah, he bought me an ipod cause I guess that makes up for all of his parenting slack I had to pick up??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Well that was very big of him, apologizing but just be careful, try to remember the reason you didn't work out in the first place and if it's something that you could never really move on from it's probably best not to continue to talk and keep going your way.

amylee88
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Well I kinda have moved on am trying to date this guy but he lives 30 min away from me n has no car yet I do but I don't drive into the city. This is why I think he's been "talking" to me I think my daughter told him I have a "friend"

Quoting victoriahearts:

Well that was very big of him, apologizing but just be careful, try to remember the reason you didn't work out in the first place and if it's something that you could never really move on from it's probably best not to continue to talk and keep going your way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)