Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So I have sole custody he has access. Never married. So our agreement states he gets access aka visitation during tuesday and thursday while I am at work. Everything else is up to me.

I started allowing him to take her Monday overnight until my work end on Tuesdays. This week I switched it to Tuesday overnight to Wednesday at my work day end. Because last week he ditched my kid at his girlfriend apartment to go play in a bar band and claimed Tues would be easier. In a few weeks I start a new job and he will now have to actually drive to go get my daughter for his access days. He plans to get het at 10 am from the preschool. 

We have battled a lot about holidays. He DOES NOT celebrate holidays and is anti religious. Tonight he emailed me that he can take my daughter Christmas Eve overnight and bring her back to me for noon on Christmas Day. This is not my plans. I do not have to give him holidays like that, after all it would be better to have her in a home with a tree and family for the holiday. Not to mention we had thought of going to Mass at church with singing and everything. I know he will start a big fight when I tell him no.

Grrrrrr just venting!

How do you all handle holiday drama?

EDIT: ADDED INFO: To clarify, he DOES NOT spend the holidays with his family. They don't do holidays. In fact his parents spend 6 months of winter in Mexico which means they miss all the major winter holidays and incidentally all their grandchildren's birthdays. His only other family is his sister and she lives 6 hours away over the snowy mountains and she doesn't come down here and he doesn't go up there. So he has never celebrated Christmas or Thanksgiving etc. 

To me Christmas is about the whole deal, tree, decorations, big family dinner... it means A LOT to me. I feel like he just wants to take that from me out of spite.

Again our agreement leaves everything up to me to decide. There are no set plans for holidays because he didn't care and didn't want anything set down legally like that in the agreement. 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Replies (21-21):
Barblicious
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM

OH and to finish this off, he accepted my offer, and is going to take her the 23rd overnight until the 24th and bring her back, so she will be waking up here in her house Christmas morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN