Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We just 'bumped into' my sons sperm donor :/ I need advice guys!!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
We were standing outside dd and all of a sudden my sis is saying hi to someone so I turn around and it's his gf, she pulls up and jumps out and gets their baby (my sons 1/2 brother, we hadn't met him yet but saw her while she was pregnant) and lets us meet him and my sons all excited but says to my ex 'you're not my dad anymore!! I don't see you!!' and he says yeah I guess I deserve that...umm yeah since last time he saw you was a year ago when we bumped into you and you haven't been there in 4 years so nope, not a 'dad'. So me and his gf chat for awhile while my sons playing w their baby and she let's me know he didn't want her to stop. They live an hour away but just moved 1/2 mile down the street. My ex says yes he's gonna be there, blah blah they invite him over today. They say he can come visit when I need a break or whatever but I'm so scared he's gonna get hurt again :( he said the same ish last year but never started coming around. Idk what to do cuz I'm not gonna be the one to keep him away but I need to protect my baby! Oh and he tells his gf 'he is well taken care of and always has been, she does do a good job doing it all by herself and always has' umm I wanted to PUNCH him and what does he think?? My baby's gonna suffer bc of his stupid actions?? I'm gonna dress him in rags bc he doesn't pay?? Ughh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strngenough
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly my only advice is to punch him. At least you and the gf get along. Guy sounds like a winner. Your son has and awesome outlook though and just have to hope he keeps it. Super crappy situation. Just keep doing what your doing. Sounds like your doing great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Lol I wanna punch him!! I think that's why she asked if I wanted to hold the baby. He is a cutie pie and I do want my son to know his half brother and she tries but he is deff a piece of work. And thank you :)

Quoting strngenough:

Sadly my only advice is to punch him. At least you and the gf get along. Guy sounds like a winner. Your son has and awesome outlook though and just have to hope he keeps it. Super crappy situation. Just keep doing what your doing. Sounds like your doing great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep up the great work and don't let him hurt your son again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people should be punched IN THE THROAT!!!! (and he falls in that group)

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe now that he lives close, has another gf and child and has seen ds again, he will want to become a dad. Definitely protect your ds but also give him a chance to at least know his sibling if nothing else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Lol he does! I told my mom she better bail me out if I see him when I found out they were moving here. My sister literally had to just help me breath through the first few minutes bc I wanted to beat the crap out of him

Quoting andyroosmama:

Some people should be punched IN THE THROAT!!!! (and he falls in that group)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM
That's what I'm hoping but he's had her for like 3 years and she tries so hard! I feel bad bc she gets into fights w him about it and he did tell her to shut up when she told him to buy my son a bagel so his mom didn't have to buy everything today. Idk why she's even with him. She said she tried to come w the baby to visit but he wouldn't let her. I do want the boys to know each other tho, she textd me her address and said to feel free to visit even if my ex is at work. It sucks all around but atleast she tries. Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting Robsessed98:

Maybe now that he lives close, has another gf and child and has seen ds again, he will want to become a dad. Definitely protect your ds but also give him a chance to at least know his sibling if nothing else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I have to tell you , you have to be proud of yourself despite the awkward situation you had a great attitude.  And of course it great you get along with the gf, I would say take him over if they actually call and invite you over with a time and date, if not don't make that much of an effort, you have been the one there and his been absent all  your child life. Also ask your son if he would like to go.

kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Thank you! My son said he wanted to go that day because his 'step brother' was visiting them but hasn't mentioned it since so I'm pretty much just letting it be. Today was his birthday so I figured if he really was gonna be there he'd atleast have called/facebooked/come over to see him seeing as he lives literally 3 minutes away now but he didn't so if he couldn't atleast make an effort on my sons birthday he's probably not gonna (his gf did ask me to wish him happy bday for her today and last year tho) No shocker here unfortunately

Quoting victoriahearts:

I have to tell you , you have to be proud of yourself despite the awkward situation you had a great attitude.  And of course it great you get along with the gf, I would say take him over if they actually call and invite you over with a time and date, if not don't make that much of an effort, you have been the one there and his been absent all  your child life. Also ask your son if he would like to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)