Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Visit in 6 months..

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

After 6 months with no contact about our son, BD contacted me about seeing him. I agreed, told him it would have to be in a public place, just me , him, and the baby. My son is 16 months, this will be the 8th time he has ever seen his dad, he has been very absent from his life, going 6 months twice already without contacting him. We are in the process of court, we actually had a DNA test done last month because he tried to deny he was the father after he was given supervised visits in court. 

My mom freaked out when I told her that I had told him I would meet him with the baby, saying tha letting him see him would affect his supervised visitation in court. I don't see how that could happen since it was decided at the last hearing. I feel that it would look better that I do let him see the child, since in court he claims I do not (I let him see that child whenever he asks,I have texts save to prove it, I always supervise visits).

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stormystar15
by Jessica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I think it's a good idea IF he plans to stay in the child's life and doesn't just plan on coming in and out all the time. My oldest is 6 and his father is in and out and I've decided that he can no longer visit unless it's court ordered because it hurts my son to much for him to continue going 6 months to a year without contact and without visits. Only you know what is best for your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Definitely let him see her. It will go against you if you deny visitation. Besides, he s the dad and should be allowed to get to know his child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I say let him see her I don't think it is a bad idea...

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Def go to the visit, if you don't it could bite you in the butt in court.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Go to the visit it looks worse if you deny it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy21812
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Well this is coming from a mom who's baby's father wants nothing to do with him at all...be glad that he at least wants to be apart of the child's life...and in my opinion it's not your mom's decision what you do....she can give advice yes but to completely freak out isn't cool....mom's are there for advice and support, not to make things worse...and if the courts said that letting him see the baby would help your part of the case then do so and as long as your there it's technically supervised

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)