Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This feeling drives me nuts!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have met a lot of new guys after my separation and I have not really given any of them a chance. Well I met this guy 2 Weeks ago and w had this instant connection. We have been on 3 dates and each one has turned into an all night thing. When I hear his voice I can't help but smile really big, can't wait to to see him when we are apart I get all giggly and a big part of me says give it a try and the other part of me is terrified beyond belief
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, I hope this one is a keeper!

CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

That sounds like the way it went between myself and my boyfriend. I mean, he started out as my best friend but thats how I feel when I'm around him and hear from him. We are still going strong after almost 5 months. :) And I completely understand about feeling terrified.

Good luck, honey, and I hope it turns out great!

a06z08mama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM
That half and half feeling is normal!!

I still feel like a teenager school girl with bf. It will be two years in January. More serious since March. So.. take a chance!! He may surprise you and completely swipe you off your feet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

You are lucky to feel this way again and since your break-up.  I hope he feels the same with about you.  Take it slow and I hope it works out for you both.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I felt that way when I first started dating after my divorce, I would give myself a peep talk . The way I saw it , if this guy was making me happy and even if it was short term it was worth it because he may turn out to be Mr. Right. And if it did end, it wouldn't be worse then the end of my marriage, no other end of a relationship would  hurt as much as that did and I survived it so I knew I was strong enough to deal with anything else that life could throw at me. So enjoy the best you can and forget about thinking to far ahead, the moment is now so make yourself happy.

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

beach40
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Jump girl,,,,,jump.    I did.   I have no regretts.   There are few bumbs but we are growing together and adjusting.   We complete each others sentences, we are together all possible times....children get along well.   So Wonderful. 

werkinmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

HaveFaith1215
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Ah Jeez, I'll try and keep this short. I was in a similar situation too.

My ex was an abusive narcissistic asshole and a half. He turned me off relationships so much, some one would look at me and I'd growl. But then an old friend and I hung out one night. After that night, we started texting everyday, and hanging out. He made me feel like a giddy idiotic school girl. 

Then my ex demolished our relationship (loooooong story) and we didn't talk for a year. I was heartbroken. I thought about him all damn day. Everyday. It was sickening. 

Exactly a year later, he calls me and says he needs to see me. Hearing his voice made me melt all over again. We met up and shortly picked up where we left off. Still going strong. 

He STILL makes me smile like a loon when I hear his voice. His hugs alone make me what to jump his bones, and I LOVE that butterfly feeling when he's calling me or writing me letters. I still get that dopey-eyed stare when he says he misses me and can't wait to be with me. It's effin awesome! 

The point is, give it a try. You never know what you may have missed if you pass it by. It could be something really great happening here.  I think it's something special when a guy can make you genuinely feel like a teenager again. Best of luck! I hope this is your special one!  So sorry this is so damn long! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN