Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

CS issues *update*

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

My divorce was finalized the 15th of october.

I have yet to get one CS payment.

The paperwork had to go through an extra step apparently here in TX where someone reviews the orders before handing it to the judge for a final final signature. and then it has to be imaged and put into the system. sigh....

so the paperwork that my attorney sent to the AG got there...but the AG never got the decree with the CS orders in it because they were taking sooooo long at court with all this paperwork BS. my attorney told me he'd check into it for me and call the courts and all of that. i have yet to hear from him about it either.....

i'm getting a little annoyed.........and when i call the AG to ask about my case they tell me they can't relay any info to me because i have an attorney. ijust dont understand. how can i light a fire under someones ass to get thsi stuff handled!?

*******update

I spoke to my attorney today, he called me. he said that a number in the cause number on the divorce had gotten mixed up somehow and that's why things wouldn't go through. so he ficed it and now has to fix the cause number given to Xs employer.

he also told me that the judge handwrote in the decree that X had NO RIGHTS to see the children until he completed his parenting class....so really i'm being nice to him in letting him see the boys....he doesn't deserve it honestly. the last time they saw him before the divorce he freaked out and screamed and told me he didn't want them anymore (in front of them) and that he would sign over his rights......sigh....

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
call your atty til he does something. that's what you pay him for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
If it was just last month the order was finalized, it really could be another couple months before you see any money if it's garnished. That doesn't mean a balance isn't accruing though. Just keep checking in with your lawyer though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM
It's best to never depend on it anyways. Yes, you should be able to but to do so leaves you with your ass in your hand if your ex quits, something happens, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I would call your attorney and also send them a letter to ask about the status of your case. I hope you are able to figure out whats going on soon!

mammabear5150
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I definitely know how ur feeling..I went through the same with AG..get ur attorney to sign a form tht waives him so tht they can talk to you I forgot wht its call but I'm in texas and its the only way I could meet with tjem and my ex even though I had a court order with visitation and cs in place ot was so back-asswards...
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

dont depend on cs it can take a long time in most states good luck!

Alisvolat
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

oh i dont depend on it at all....i dont plan on depending on it but X definately doesn't deserve to sit there scot free and get to see the kids when he doesn't and wont help take care of them. it's ridiculous.

Quoting faerie75:

It's best to never depend on it anyways. Yes, you should be able to but to do so leaves you with your ass in your hand if your ex quits, something happens, etc.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
That's true but its not worth tripping out over. Follow up in court and let it rack up but steam and stress over it, no.

Quoting Alisvolat:

oh i dont depend on it at all....i dont plan on depending on it but X definately doesn't deserve to sit there scot free and get to see the kids when he doesn't and wont help take care of them. it's ridiculous.

Quoting faerie75:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)