Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
I need a list of mothers rights states.....i'm in a situation that is getting out of control. My daughters dad and me aren't together(as you all know) and yesterday something happend that left me afraid because he's constantly telling me he's gonna take our two year old daughter braelyn. i'm afraid he may turn violent if not given his way. I don't want him taking my child nor do I want him hitting me in front of her.

He's already controlling(He's married btw for those of you who missed it in my past posts) and is verbally abusive twards me.

I want to move out of state and start over with my daughter, yet I want to ensure i'm heard and not threatend or made to look like a criminal when i've done nothing wrong. Everything he does he turns around on me and makes it seem like I did it to him.

I want to move to a state where i'm given my proper rights to my child.

Please help me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-22):
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Yea we do have a co it says the samething pm me

Quoting michiganmom5150:

Is he on the birth certificate? Do you have custody agreement? You may not be able to move without his permission. I know in my divorce papers, our custody says I can only move 100 miles from his house without his permission. You need to check on this so you aren't held in contempt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Why would you want to move and be held in contempt? Thats not going to look good for you later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN