Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 16 Replies

I saw something earlier that got me to thinking.....

If you wanted children and your SO did not and you knew that before you got married, would you continue on a relationship...still marry him? And the same vice versa?

undefined

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
5 moms liked this
No way. If he made that clear you set yourself up for a disaster. Some people need to learn to let go of a relationship when the values and beliefs don't match as well as the children and no children thing. Be with someone who shares the same wants and values as yourself and you will have greater success.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBud93
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

If he wanted NO children, he'd already have issues with me haha. If he wanted none of his own, I'd offer adoption/fostering, if he still said no, then I'd have to ask myself how much do I really want another and weigh that against him for if I felt he was worth it. in most cases, the guy would have to hit the road though. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Well they could always change their minds down the road but you can't always bank on that. I would rethink that relationship. Unless you think you could let go of not having more kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I'm not sure what I would do.
PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I wouldn't marry him, ut then I again I have no plans to ever be married, I don't belive in marriage. But if a guy didn't want kids, it'd def be a deal breaker.

steviechick
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Well, I know of three women that got married knowing their husbands didn't want anymore children or any children at all.  All three of them had children and their husbands had to live with it.  One ended up being a lousy father.  The other two ended up actually liking fatherhood.  I feel so bad for the one friend.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Don't think I could be with someone who didn't want kids, because I've always wanted them, and even now i want more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I wouldn't really be affected by the decision not to have more children in the future if I ended up dating someone that didn't want any but if it were vice versus then I would probably walk away, not sure that I would want to have another child or children with another man.

MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Marry him after he's made it perfectly clear he does NOT want children?? Absolutely not. Can you say Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt???? I still believe that's part of the reason their marriage imploded.

Quoting MeeshMom:

No way. If he made that clear you set yourself up for a disaster. Some people need to learn to let go of a relationship when the values and beliefs don't match as well as the children and no children thing. Be with someone who shares the same wants and values as yourself and you will have greater success.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN