Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I saw something earlier that got me to thinking.....

If you wanted children and your SO did not and you knew that before you got married, would you continue on a relationship...still marry him? And the same vice versa?

undefined

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
lnrmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

That's why I won't marry my SO. He wants more kids, I do not.

kristiansmommy1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
No because I KNOW I want atleast 1 more eventually. My ex didn't but 'changed his mind' when he fell in love with me (his words) but in all reality he was just going along with what I wanted I guess and that was a disaster to say the least but atleast I got my son out of the deal :) so next time I wanna make sure they know they want kids too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

it needs to be mutual or there will always be something  between you

morethanamemory
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Yes I would...at this point I don't much care.

If I don't have anymore kids then I don't. So it wouldn't be a big deal to me for a SO to not want kids.

If I settle down and with someone and he puts a ring on this finger and decides he wants a child...I would be willing to go for it.

I guess I am just flexiable like that. :-p
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I never would even date a guy that didnt want kids because i do and i didnt see the point in dating someone if the relationship had no future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I want one more. But also I am almost 25. And I am dating an older guy. Both of his kids are grown. Mine are 6 &4. And he has accepted all of us. He doesn't want anymore. At least "babies". I respect his decision. I understand why he wouldn't. So I am doing all that I can to help prevent it. I am continuing the relationship
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN