Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CS w/ an angry ex husbands new gf

Posted by   + Show Post

My ex husband went to jail in November 2011. Since then we have had no contact (ordered by the court system for DV). His entire family had made this year the worst I've ever been through. We are both young (23&24) with two young girls 3&5. Over the last 5 years he has walked in and out of my childrens lives w/ no remorse. I had to beg his girlfriend to ask him to take my girls every wknd to help me out with daycare due to finances. I recently modified my CS & he is contesting it, and basically saying that him & his new gf need all the money they can get because she has 3 of her own children. She confronted me 2 days ago saying that if I push for more CS that her kids will suffer from my choices. Should I feel wrong about CS because he chose to get with a girl who has children? Or should I keep with my plan & not take into account that they have a full house to support also?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (21-26):
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

good lord. its not your fault she has 3 kids. he is resposible for  YOUR kids not hers. his money should go to your kids first before hers. you take care of your children and they come first. he needs to step up. she has no right to tell you that and try to  make you feel bad..think of it this way if you feel guilty and you dont do t his your kids go without. there isnt anything i wouldnt do for my daughter. im lucky i had her the way i did but if i had to deal with a bd my daughter would come first regardless his situation. if you can go without to support your kids so can he! i hope it works out for you dont let them bully you, youre better than that! GOOD LUCK

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
He's not married to her and those are HER children. They may be able to claim "common law" but regardless he owes you CS. Don't let bitches bully you. Don't contact her and sign yourself and kids up for state child care tuition assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I would not take into account the girlfriend's needs. The court would not fact that into the CS calculation.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Umm hell no you dont back down!!! If she needs more money for her kids, let her take that up with her ex, not you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

This is a first for me.  How strange your ex would rather take care of her kids than his.  If she needs money, she can take her ex for CS.  

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

she needs to stay out of it not your kids fault she has kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)