Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Her face makes me cry... -anyone else deal with this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter looks more like her daddy in my opinion. and earlier she would NOT go to sleep and just wanted to suck her pacifire and lay in mylap staring at my face... she had the same expression on her face her dad always used to give me and since she has his features I couldn't even look at her without crying. Normally I let her sleep with me but now I am upset and can't sleep and had to put her in the bassinet. 
Luckily I am not getting overly depressed seeing as I was already diagnosed with postpartum depression and had been in the E.R. for it. but this is making me wonder if she will always make me cry like this... or is it just because of my depression and anxiety mixed with hormones?

I am obviously not over him, so please no "just forget him" advice because it really is no help at all. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-17):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

i think you need to see help from your doctor if this is making you so sad you are unable to care for a 3 week old. sounds like ppd.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I'm sure it'll pass. Just remember that she's your daughter, and how much you love her. My son looks just like his Dad but it doesn't bother me. Because he is not his Dad..he's a much better person.

kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
My son is 6 now and I used to feel the same way, he has his fathers big square head lol! now he actually looks a lot more like me but I used to just look at him and be reminded and sometimes he'll still make a face or do something that my ex would do and I wanna slap him haha (I would never do it but it's this rolling eye disrespectful face and idk how he even learned it since he's not around) But now I don't really think of him when I look at him anymore. It was hard at first but it'll get easier as your wounds start to heal, just takes time. Good luck and just stay strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hugs!

mz23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Don't worry it'll pass.I saw my exin my daughter and I wasn't happy about it. Now I just see a beautiful little girl and a blessing from a ” mistake”. I think I had baby blues. It'll pass and things will get easier.
MsLogansMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

as she gets older she will have her own personality and it will get easier and easier because you will know her as a an individual person I know its hard hang in there

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

post partum depression is real please get help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)