Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am dating a great wonderful man, but he can have his moments....Last night he got on to me for having an hotmail account for email.   Said thats a dating website.   I tried to explain to him it was for email...he would not understand.   Said that its for dating.   I finally conceeded and closed the account, not like I get email anyway, since I have cut all ties with the drama and issues in my life.    Then he ask to go through my phone, I said sure I dont care, nothing to hide...next thing he says...you have way to may apps on your droid...ummm they came w the phone, cannot delete them.   Then he asked who David was....there is no David in my phone.   I finally looked at him as asked, do you want to fight or something...no, he said, just checking.   Few minutes later he said his ex wife and last several girlfriends have cheated on him and he is not use to the way I treat him.   I told him, like he told me...past is the past, learn from the mistakes, move forward and dont compare your new love to your old ones.   He was good with it.   The funny thing is, its his phone always going off, but he tells me who it is.   He shows me his facebook page, which I dont have one.   He lets me know when women come on to hard.   I told him that as long as there is normal, not lets meet and fuck conversation I dont mind.  We all have to talk to oppsite sex.   If it crosses that line then I am gone.   ITs not rocket science.   Like I told him numerous times If you can find someon that treats you better and you rather be with I will not stand in your way.   I am secure in myself and what I have to offer....he laughed and said yea your the girl all the guys are wanting to marry, I am the guy the girls want to fuck and leave.   Its kinda of a sad statement.   Yes I have had numerous marriage proposals but I never took them seriously, heck his bff is begging for a clone of me so he can date someone like me.   I just laugh and say he is crazy.   But I watch girls time and time again in front of me, just come on to him, hang on him and try like hell.   I know its got to be hard and tempting on him.   I also know checking my phone and all is his way for reassurance.   I trust him but sometimes I wonder if he trust me.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Replies (11-19):
amomynous_j
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:21 PM

dude. that's controlling behaviour red flags 101. run. 

mz23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Ugh reminds me of my ex to the T. He was insecure, paranoid and jealou. except as our relationship got further along he'd accuse me of talking to the next guy. Then he'd try and say everyone thinks I'm a hoe but he's excepted mr. I'm so lucky to have him. Then he'd go on and call me all types of names. Now,id never put,up with that crap. He convinced me to delete my FB. Not saying your guy is bad but I'm def seeing red flags
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Don't let him cnotrol you like that.  It will only lead down a bad path for you.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I can understand him having trust issues with his past women, but if you havent done anything to violate his trust, I think he is totally out of line doing those things. You shouldnt have to be under scrutiny just because hes been cheated on in the past. He may need some counseling to deal with that issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kritsy30il
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

is the curb to far to kick him.?

LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Controlling guys isn't good. Trust me ive dated one and than he turned abusive. Be careful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

he sounds like the last guy i dated too controlling i'm glad im out

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Sounds Controlling. Red flag. He has issues (by his comments)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kelly1308
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Be careful.  These are huge red flags of what is to come.  It sounds as if the trust issues is leading him down the path of being a controlling bf.  Please be careful that is no way to live.  Keep your identity do not turn into something that he wants you to be because of his insecurities.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)