Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

blah. just a vent.. unsure of what to do

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 7 Replies

i've always sent out a bday card for DS's older brother. his bday is on the 21st... this year, i completely forgot about it!

at this point, i'm debating on sending one out. his mom said i'm the only one who sends him anything.... but honestly, she doesnt even have custody of him! no idea how long she hasnt had custody... and every year, it makes me question- does he even GET the cards we send out to him? knowing that the mom doesnt have custody, it just piles more shit on the 'he doesnt get the card' mountain...

ugh1 i hate it so freaking much

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

send a belated the thought is there and hopefully he gets it

iHay
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Send a belated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I agree.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

send a belated the thought is there and hopefully he gets it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I would go ahead and send one and just hope that it gets passed onto him!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I would send a belated b-day wish, too.  Perhaps he will actually call you to thank you for being so kind.

reneelow
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

what if he does get them and then didn't this year?  who cares if they sit in a pile forever just don't ever give up on trying to make someones life a little better.  Better lat than never, BTW.  I didn't realize that it was November already when suddenly days, litterally 2-3 days, before my daughters bday we were in the car talking bout dates for something and i jumped and said shit your bday's in 2 days!  I never know that date and sometimes don't know what day of the week it is o don't feel bad bout being late.  Keep doing what your doing...you could be the one thing that is good and keeps  something bad from going down.  thats my opinion...hope i helped:)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

i know that feeling.  I send my kids b=day cards and other items, never hear from them, so i don't know if they ever get them.  I still do try to send one.  Some years, i have not sent anythig, i keep it in my own home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)