Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how to keep my sanity

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am a single mom to two boys under the age of 2. I am currently trying to find a job but right now i am home with them 24/7. I love my boys more than anything but sometimes i feel like im going crazy i dont really have anyone to talk to and i never have time to myself. How do other moms keep from going completely insane?

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Texting people is usually what keeps me sane. Or going on youtube so I can dance/sing along with songs. I'm home 24/7 with my daughter too. And my sisters youngest kids most of the time so I feel like going insane most days too.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Welcome!  It sounds like you need to find some fun things for you and your boys to do (crafty things maybe).

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Welcome!!! I totally understand I couldn't be a sahm maybe find some play groups to get you out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM

awwww:(...yeah I have hadthose days too.....being home 24/7 with kids is atough job.

I think I managed better when I was able to get out of the house!

arimaur
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd just turned 2 and my ds just turned 6 months...i know your feeling.  i try my best.  i usually strap them in the stroller and go for a walk.  or dd and i will play with a ball or play 'baby' to pass the time.  as far as time for myself, i usually wait until they are in bed (8pm) to catch something on tv or read a book.  but that's if im caught up on my house work or if im not too tired. 

try going for walks or to an indoor playground...at our mall here, they have one and i take my dd every once and a while so she can play and interact with kids her own age.  she and i are alike, we both get cabin fever :)  or on rainy days we pull out the coloring books and it's theraputic for me.  hang in there.  before you know it they will be off to school and your next post will be that you miss them and asking where the time went :)  you can always message me, this is my escape during naps and down time :)

iHay
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Reading, texting and hobbies (mine were woodworking, writing and cleaning up outside) were what kept me sane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I couldn't do it. I love my son but I like working and the job I have now is very flexible so it's perfect for me:) take the kids to the park. Join a recreation center I'm about to do that actually. Recreation centers have free classes. They are so much fun. I use to do that when I was younger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momof232
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I understand your pain! I remember when my grandparents came down to visit and I was able to drive to a grocery store by myself for like 5 min. I was so excited just to get out on my own for a few minutes. :) My kids go to Awana's on Wednesday and that gives me an hr and halve to be by myself. I also get my kids to bed by 8:00 so that I have a few hrs at night to unwind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Find someone to watch them sometimes for a couple of hours and take some me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYWildcatsfan
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Some days i feel as though I've lost my sanity. I have DD 51/2, DS 3, and DS 1. We have a strict bedtime/ naptime routine , but I know that doesnt work for everybody. After everyone is asleep is when I take ME time! Even if there are still things to be done around the house ( bc that is never ending around here.) I've learned that sometimes you have to stop, close your eyes and take a few deep breathes. Hang in there!! Hopefully we all get through it in.one piece.

BTW ~ I think it should be called the terrible threes!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN