Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Christmas Gifts....

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you communicate with your kid's dad about who is getting what for Christmas or birthdays?  I've been trying to have a conversation with my kids' dad about what he's getting them so that they don't end up with duplicates.  

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Nope, and JImmy crack corn  don't care

mommaof3girls24
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM

their real dad has been out of their lives and in jail for the past 2 years. they dont remember him.

miss_AP
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I haven't...I hadn't even thought about it. His presents will stay at his house and mine at mine....so I didn't even consider. If they get duplicates they can just have one at each house. I used to try to coordinate between my family (mom, gma, sister, aunt...), myself and his mom....it was difficult. Now I don't worry about it. If his mom wants a Christmas list....they can make one with him. I email his mom and call sometimes so the kids can talk and send pictures....but I'm done playing mom to all of them. 8 years was enough of that.

I am, however, going to give him a heads up about Santa. Christmas eve and santa are mine. This year Santa is bringing the kids a trip to Disneyland :) He is going to be pissed.....because like most dads he just b!tches and moans about the money and the child support (even though I agreed to $300 less per month than the state guidelines!!)....so I want him to have time to be pissed off at me and get over it (ha! Yeah right...at least adjust to the idea...) before the kids tell him all excited when they go to his house on Christmas day....he is not good at keeping his emotions hidden even though he doesn't express them and I don't want him to "take it out" on the girls by being pissy and grumpy all day with them. The only thing is that I think he will try to "outdo" me with presents because of it......but not much I can do about that.

On a side note....where in the Rockies are you? Im in MT......

aj23
by Amanda on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM
He tells me what he's getting but what he buys stays at his house and what I buy stays at mine so it doesn't matter if he gets more than one of the same thing. That's never happened though because I get what our son asks for and his dad gets what he wants to play with instead of what our son would play with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Generally my ex and I would discuss via email what he would be sending for Christmas or giving him for Christmas. Gifts from my son dad end up here because he travels so much that if he didn't they wouldn't get good use of of them. 

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM
We did when she was real young, but that was only because he had no clue what to get little girls. We never do anymore. He always buys high dollar electronic something or other and I buy several smaller things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Nope, he hasn't acknowledged my son in 16 years so there is no point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Yes I have always organized lists & this year with us being split that is no exception he is just added to the mix. He & I make sure we know who got what to be on the same page. He just got her a DSI for her birthday & texted me as to which color I thought she'd like best red, blue or pink, I told him pink & he got pink. He's a man so he's not as into all the small details about that stuff & I think he knows that so he consults me sometimes on things he is unsure about. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Doesn't cross a thought in either of our minds. The puppy is gonna be BOSS. Fuck daddy, our shihtzu is gonna be the SHIT. LMAO!

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Nope. He gets them what he thinks they like I get them what they like lol he also buys clothes that don't fit but I guess he doesn't have to get them anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)