Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New To The Group and Have a question

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

My soon to be ex husband and I share custody of our two young children. I'm the one that picks the children up from him and drop them off. I just moved to a new place and he wants to know my address, I don't want him to know because I'm scared of him and his family harrassing me. Do I have to tell him where I live or can I just prove to the court that they are not in harm nor out of the geographical location.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
miss_AP
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Each court rules are different. All require that they have your current address. Some will let you file it under seal, some require you to have a RO in order to not tell them or move for protection or something like that. Check your local statutes.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
In OK each parent has to let the other know their address and phone # within 10 days of any change. Cant imagine the court taking your word for it that theyre safe. The dad has a right to know where his children are IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM

File your change of address with the courts, but then I'd suggest asking the courts/lawyer about whether or not your ex needs to know your address.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN