Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How to "surprise" DS? (5 years old)

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

The one in the bed is our new little girl! I already paid for her, and the lady is going to hold her for a week until Christmas, or after the puppies all get their 7 week shots. She said they're not supposed to go until 8 weeks, but she said she'll see how puppy is doing two-three days after her shot. She is a shih tzu/poodle X, but you can't even tell they have poodle in them! Mom is poodle, dad is pure bred shih tzu! I saw all 15 puppies! There were SO much to choose from but she kept coming near me, biting me, climbing up on me and followed me EVERYWHERE. She is the smallest in her litter, but she's extremely playful. If I change my mind for one of the bigger girls, the lady said I can do that too. Since there are 15 puppies (5 purebred puppies, 5 halfbreeds, 3 purebred poodles and 2 poodles with shih tzu in them) she said I'm sure I'll have enough time to change my pick. It's NOT a puppy mill/farm. She has the puppies separated and they have regular grooming so they're used to it when they all go to their homes. 

I don't know if I should take the puppy home on the 14th, or if I should let her stay an extra week before Christmas (go home Dec 21st). I can't decide!!! How would you present her without just flatout showing her to my son??? Puppy will mostly be taken care of by me obviously. My son is only 5. The puppy is for him as a playmate when I am doing my assignments and studying, and as a watchdog for those pesky neighborhood kids. 

Also, what should I get for her besides a kennel and food??? Is there a certain food you feed your dogs?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larschick
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Get her some puppy food with probiotics like pedigree. It will help her bowels. I would find a box with a separate lid & wrap each individual piece & tie with a loose bow for him to untie to get the puppy out. I would get the puppy ASAP so u can see how they interact & they have time to get used to each other before the excitement of the holiday. As for what to get her - is the area where u live cold? If so get her some sweaters. Also get her some toys & a few treats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Aww yay.

don't forget a leash and collar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Yep. Gonna buy them this weekend! I have a cute one on hold at Petland, but I might check PetSmart to see if they have it for cheaper. I also don't have to register her until 6 months old.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Aww yay.

don't forget a leash and collar.

Mocking.Jay
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yep, it's cold here in Canada lol. But she won't be able to go for a walk until she gets her rabies shot. The vets don't recommend it because they could come into contact with an animal or another dog that has it, and get it :(. I wanna be safe as possible as I can with the new baby. To save her from being named something ridiculous and weird, I have some names picked out that I'm gonna ask DS what he likes the best: Nova, Twilight, Venus, Starla, or Nebula. He's OBSESSED with the universe and planets right now because the daycare is teaching them about it. He even drew a "black hole" lol! I know he would love to name her ASTRONAUT, but just...NO. LOL. I thought we could possibly shorten it to a female name, Astra. But I'm also not too big on naming dogs human names. It's just weird. But my chihuahua's name was Zoey...so idk. LOL.

Quoting larschick:

Get her some puppy food with probiotics like pedigree. It will help her bowels. I would find a box with a separate lid & wrap each individual piece & tie with a loose bow for him to untie to get the puppy out. I would get the puppy ASAP so u can see how they interact & they have time to get used to each other before the excitement of the holiday. As for what to get her - is the area where u live cold? If so get her some sweaters. Also get her some toys & a few treats.

Mocking.Jay
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

BUMP!

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM

*awww* too cute!

kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Wrap up the Food and stuff and then he'll be wondering what it's for? Then give her to him...best i got lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ta2dirishlass
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I would ask the lady what she feeds her dogs and try to stick to that. Then you can phase in another food later slowly.

As for the surprise, I'd wrap the puppy items and let him open them, and wait till a little closer to Christmas if she's intended to be a Christmas gift.

And HOLY SHITBALLS on 15 puppies. One baby wore me out!!!!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Good luck!!! I'd wait for christmas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM

LMAO! I will post pictures and see if I can upload the video on youtube tonight. I swear to god she has 15! I saw all 5 poodles. But her grandson and granddaughter take them from her when they get off work. Two litters belong to her grandchildren.

Quoting ta2dirishlass:

I would ask the lady what she feeds her dogs and try to stick to that. Then you can phase in another food later slowly.

As for the surprise, I'd wrap the puppy items and let him open them, and wait till a little closer to Christmas if she's intended to be a Christmas gift.

And HOLY SHITBALLS on 15 puppies. One baby wore me out!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN