Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I didn't want this to happen vent

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 11 Replies
Tonight I am thinking, I wish I could give dd a family I never had. I grow up with my dad in and out of my life, I was really hoping to give my daugher a dad that was in her life. I know it's not going to happen her dad has left and most likely won't be back. Just can't get it out of my head. All I think about is my relationship with my family and how much I don't want my daughter to have that kind of relationship. I never thought ky would have to go through the same thing I did even though it's not as much and hopefully never will be. I tried so hard to not have it happen, however it did. I know i can't change any of it but i needed to talk it out tonight.Kwim? Ok vent over thanks for listening 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Vent away be the best mama you can be and give her everything you never had
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Yeah I try, just wish I could have done it all differently. It's over and done with.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Vent away be the best mama you can be and give her everything you never had

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Go ahead. It is hard to be a single mom. You are doing it. Even through the tough times, just realize it is his loss. You have a beautiful daughter and the fact that you want so much for her and love her makes you both very lucky to have each other. Wishing you happiness :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I know it's his loss. I am lucky to have my daughter.Thanks.

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

Go ahead. It is hard to be a single mom. You are doing it. Even through the tough times, just realize it is his loss. You have a beautiful daughter and the fact that you want so much for her and love her makes you both very lucky to have each other. Wishing you happiness :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM
You have the chance to give your daughter a great life and youre lucky to know what bad is so you can avoid it. Its all in how you look at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I will give her the best life I can!

Quoting iHay:

You have the chance to give your daughter a great life and youre lucky to know what bad is so you can avoid it. Its all in how you look at it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM
I have those feelings as well and my dad was there and still is. I feel like I kinda failed my children, by leaving their worthless dad. But, then I realize, he's the one who choses to not come around and be there. He wasn't there when we WERE married. You do the best you can to give them the best life possible. Above all else , my kids will never be able to say they were not loved. They will know mama always had their back. All you can do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I know how you feel.

Quoting michiganmom5150:

I have those feelings as well and my dad was there and still is. I feel like I kinda failed my children, by leaving their worthless dad. But, then I realize, he's the one who choses to not come around and be there. He wasn't there when we WERE married. You do the best you can to give them the best life possible. Above all else , my kids will never be able to say they were not loved. They will know mama always had their back. All you can do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I was really hoping to feel better this morning. Guess not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Everyone wishes they could give their kids the perfect life, but we have to play the hand we're dealt and just be the best moms that we can. Theres no reason yours cant have a great childhood without a dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN