Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

need advice, please

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  • 7 Replies
My sons' father is bipolar with schizophrenic tendencies. Has been in and out of the hospital for since april. After not showing and not canceling many times his parents asked for time with the boys. It started out gradually. Then they wanted an overnight and said the boys would be with them and their dad would visit but it would be supervised. I said ok because i didnt want to get in trouble interfering with custody. The wknd they said they should be with him all weekend at his place with his girlfriend and no supervision. I was worried. They cancelled. Then they said again for the past wknd.

I asked if they were taking any precautions to make sure my kids wwere safe. After several hours they responded getting mad. Texted "i have 15 grandchildren and one great grandchild i worry about all of them. Yes he is on his meds and is fine."

I said i only have two children and they are my only concern. I said then he can pick them up at 6 the next day if he is fine. His mom said "no i will do it to PREVENT arguments". I was scared but i can't just deny him visitation. The next day they did not show up. I wait 45 minutes all the time taking pictures. I know they are planning something. They have aleways wanted to take my children. If the tables were turned and i went to the mental hospital they would not have even given me a chance. I am so worried. Want supervised visits.
This argument was bad. They accused me of sitting the kids in front of the tv all day. I take my kids everywhere. Zoo, park, playground, swimming. That made me very mad. I said their son had the reading level of a child, if they are such experts then why does he have such severe emotional and behavioral problems. The argument escalated. No word since then. What do i do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM
What do your visitation papers say?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:32 AM
You can deny the grandparents. If he is nit capable of picking up kids then they don't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM
The visitation papers say he gets every wednesday from 6 p.m to 8 pm though no one ever comes for those. Every 1, 3, and 5 th wknd from 6 p.m friday to 8 p.m sunday. Holidays are switched. The divorce was in january he went to the mental hospital in april on and off. Very wierd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:46 AM
The only thing i worry about is that it says he can pick a capable or known adult to pick up and drop off. I need to read the papers again. I get confused. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Follow the visitation papers if he wants it revised for more time let him take you back to court. You don't have to allow any visitation to grandparents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Hi, thanks for responding. The whole weekend unsupervised with him is scary. He might actually show up to get them. He might be on meds and he might be in therapy but whatever caused him to be repeatedly checked
into the behavorial health place is what bothers me. Did he attack someone? I'm worried two toddlers throwing tantrums might set him off. Its hard even for a sane, responsible parent.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Follow the visitation papers if he wants it revised for more time let him take you back to court. You don't have to allow any visitation to grandparents

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Thank you for responding guys! I am looking for a lawyer but im broke. Please wish me luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN