Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not funny but racial profiling sometimes comes back to bite you in the butt! *PIOG*

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

So at work the other day (I'm a Walmart cashier overnight) I was on my lunch break but I was told this story when I came back: So there were 2 men that came into the store: One black, one white. The overnight managers thought the black guy looked "suspicious" and had several workers that were working to kind of keep an eye on him.

Well guess what? He was just a distraction for the other guy. The white guy ended up going into the Electronics area and stealing 2 computers and other electronics as well as at least $300 worth of Furby dolls. He didn't get the Furby dolls though because the bag ripped and he was unable to carry it. He got out of the side door with over $2000.00 worth of merchandise and his friend was the getaway driver. They never suspected him though.

It's not funny that Walmart got vandalized and it's not cute that people think they can just come steal whatever they want out of the store. My point is that I believe this was deliberate act on these guys parts because they knew based on the guy's skin color he would be watched more carefully. As they say Karma is a bi**h!

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM
That's karma biting racist people in the ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

*smh* so sad

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Wow, happens here too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Where are you? I'm in NC

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow, happens here too.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Southern Maryland.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Where are you? I'm in NC

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow, happens here too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:43 PM

It's really racist up there anyways isn't it? (that's what I've heard anyways)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Southern Maryland.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Where are you? I'm in NC

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow, happens here too.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM
A little different people ir different, my daughter is biracial and it has caused issues in my family.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

It's really racist up there anyways isn't it? (that's what I've heard anyways)

Quoting erinmomofone:

Southern Maryland.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Where are you? I'm in NC

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow, happens here too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM
My son is half black half white. But no ones said anything racial to me yet. Ill go off! I don't like racism at all. I don't get why people have to be racists. It shouldn't matter your skin color.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Could be racial profiling, but could also be that the black guy looked and acted suspicious and the white guy didnt... I think the race card is so overplayed. Seems everything is blamed on racism. Personally, I dont care if youre white, black or purple with pink polka dots, but theres still too many people out there that do care for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

No he was just walking around the store and they specifically told the employees in certain areas to keep an eye out for him. I didn't see the situation 1st hand so maybe he was acting suspicious idk

Quoting Robsessed98:

Could be racial profiling, but could also be that the black guy looked and acted suspicious and the white guy didnt... I think the race card is so overplayed. Seems everything is blamed on racism. Personally, I dont care if youre white, black or purple with pink polka dots, but theres still too many people out there that do care for some reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)