Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need College Degree Advice

Posted by   + Show Post
I need some advice on what college degree I should go for. I'm 36 yrs old and wanting to go back to school. I am interested in the law, working with the deaf and blind and also the health field. Any ideas and advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-15):
aahudson
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

A JD and MPH dual degree 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Working a legal and social work degree is hard.  If you want to do both you have to go after a legal degree (lawyer) and then pick-up social work cases.  That would mean many years of college.  You need to narrow down what specific field you want a career in and then go after that goal. 

Ali5683
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Nurse? Paralegal? Social work? Psychology?

You could always major in one like Paralegal and minor in Psychology, or vice versa. I'm trying to finish my Psychology degree and want to also get my graphic design degree.

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I agree with the suggestions the other moms have given.  Good luck!

jackieb2811
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I do Criminal Justice Online with Lincoln Online. I started out wanting to be a cop and work my way up but I then decided on being a Probation Officer. Now I am sticking to being a Youth Counselor. I relate to kids with issues I myself was a troubled teen but being in the system for getting in trouble was the best thing ever for me.

I just want to help kids without being the bad guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)