Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shocker!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Wow not surprised, but my ex husband didnt call his son on thanksgiving. Wow just wow! He keeps telling m ed his son is number one in his life. But if it gets in the way of his fun or drinking, partying with his misstress, its back burner. Or if he knows it will cause drama he will do it. Man! I tried to keep his relationship with his son in tact when we were married during his deployments. Now that he left us for my married ex friend (her hubby also military) its no longer my responcibility. His loss looser!

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM
His loss!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I'm dealing with the same thing. It sucks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yeah. My ex is doing the same thing. Pretty much.

Exes suck.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Its not your job to keep his relationship with your child together. Hes a big boy and its his responsibility. You also cant make him be a dad if he doesnt choose to. Just be the best mom you can, love him enough for two and let bd do what hes going to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubblycute
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I'm sorry that he couldn't be bothered to call your son :(. My son's father did the same thing he exepct he sent a text just saying it.

It hurts deeply and it's hard to understand why a father could choose to not be there when they are giving the perfect lip service saying the kids are number 1. I've finally been able to tell myself that my son is better off without him. I think about all the people in my son's life who love him and would go above and beyond and he's better with that than fighting for the affection of a man who isn't worth the hassle.

mylilgooberpea
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM

He finally called last night..... Its sad really. My son dosnt want to talk to his father on the phone half of the time. If hes sick, having allergey problems, tired, or busy playing he dosnt want to have anything to do with it. But hes only 3 the ex has been gone since before his first birthday. De to deplyments school or the military and the divorce. Because of the long distiance he only visits every 3 to 4 months.When he does visit he demands right away ove nighters for 9 or so days straight. I have to fight him and say hey he dosnt see you every weekend like the parenting plan YOU chose in court says. The 9 straight days are for IF you follow that! He has no idea who you are! So i push for get to know you days... its a messed up situation. i never know who Im going to get on his cell phone him or the married friend he left us for.

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
My ex is the same. And his side of the family. They don't want anything to do with ds, only on Christmas or his birthday. They didn't call on thanksgiving or his birthday ?! They did attend his birthday party, but no calls on the actual day. Their loss.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)