Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Boyfriend left and has new girlfriend....help

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello.  I am new here so I hope I figure this out.  I am 14 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend decided he wasn't happy and broke up with me.  Now he is dating a new woman and it seems he is throwing it my face.  I am worried because I am so depressed and feel I am so alone.  We tried to get pregnant so I am mad and confused to why he did this.  He claims he is going to be a father and wants to attend my ob appointments. However that is the only interested he shows and that is once a month.  I really don't want him around because when I have any contact with him my stress skyrockets and I feel sick.  I even had to block him on facebook because he was posting pictures of him and her.  I have a hard time sticking up for myself and I want to do  whats right, but I feel what he has done is beyond what I can have in my life right now.  Please if you have any advice I could use it.  I wish I could get him and her out of my head and just focus on my beautiful baby.

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strngenough
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM
That's terrible. My husband dumped me when I was 11weeks. He has decided he wants to be back now. I feel like you. I know I'm supposed to talk to him about the baby, but I get so angry when I do because it feels private. I am stressing over having him there when I deliver. He is no help. Anytime I'm hurt, tired, stressed, he finds a way to get the attention on himself. You don't have to let him come. Having a child will mean a lot of standing up for them and you. Nows good practice. I support you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Honestly I would cut all ties and go to appts alone if seeing him causes you stress. Once child comes, you can let him know and he can see the child. But until then you need time to heal emotionally and stay healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome so glad you found us! *HUGS*

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM
block him pneumonia Facebook.

however, I would let him attend appt and be there when baby is born Aaron long as he continues to be interested.

I'm not are what you want him to do since he is no longer in a relationship with you, there is no need to contact you unless it concerns the baby.

he is doing more than most men and he is showing an interest in the child.

I think you should ask your ob about some anti depressants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Block him and don't contact him. My bd left for someone else when I was pregnant and married her a few days before my baby was born. Been there. Be strong and start making plans to do it alone. Keep him away as much as you can. And don't try to reach out to him. If he does try to be involved he can take you to court for visitation but you need to talk to counselors and get legal advice. I didn't put bd on the birth certificate and I gave my son my last name. Those are some things for you to consider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM
If he is stressing her out he does not belong at the appts

Quoting happymommy1105:

however, I would let him attend appt and be there when baby is born Aaron long as he continues to be interested.

I'm not are what you want him to do since he is no longer in a relationship with you, there is no need to contact you unless it concerns the baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this
she asked for opinions. this is my opinion.

it doesn't have to be the same as yours.

but thanks for your input.

Quoting conniejo75:

If he is stressing her out he does not belong at the appts

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I think the best advice is write him an email of the course of a week, this way you can get your point across without being too overly emotional. And explain to him that you are hurt, that his current situation and yours is stressing you out, and although you appericiate  him being at the appointments you can handle that. Also get some consulting for yourself, it will make you feel better and start to get  a grid on everything. Maybe by the time your ready to give birth you will be ok with you ex being if not, let him know after you child is born.

Best of luck and we are all here if you have questions or concern

tryn2bhappy
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Thank you all for your advice.  I will take all into consideration.  It is such an emotional time anyway I question all my thoughts and actions.  I think I do need time to heal before I can deal with him even just about baby.  Hopefully when baby comes I will be stronger.  I don't want to use the baby as a way to get back at him either.  I just think while I am pregnant my emotional well being is of the most importance.  Thanks again ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)