Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

fell into temptation!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:27 AM
  • 17 Replies
So this thanksgiving I ended up spending it with ex husband. My parents left out of town n someone broke into my car, he came to pick up lala n I was freaking out. so he said let me drop of lala(our daughter) with my mom n al help u fill out police report so u won't be alone. Well he came back n he said I will keep u company since u will be alone and I don't want anything to happen to u welll long story short I ended up sleeping with him and right now I am regreting it. I had promised myself I wasn't going to go back to him in any way. Because I had a feeling that's all he wanted. When we were done we did lay there he was hugging me tight and said amy you do know I love you I hate how things went down n he got tears in his eyes. After 2 hrs of us laying there talking he left n we kept texting and he told me I would like to date you again and win your heart. I regret sleeping with him but in a way I am confused any advice ladies :( am kinda hating myself right now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:41 AM
*hugs* can Def be tough sorting out your feelings. Do what you feel is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM
This. How old is your child?

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

amylee88
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:26 AM
She is 2

Quoting Misha1204:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Misha1204
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I say, follow your heart...I just wouldn't show any affection or anything in front of dd until you guys are steady, so she's shielded in case it doesn't work.
I understand. What do you feel you want to do?

Quoting amylee88:

She is 2

Quoting Misha1204:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Hugs I agree keep the affection hidden until its serious. An ex is an ex for a reason whatever made it end needs to be worked through its not going to magically go away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't give you any advice because I'm sort of where you are right now. I divorced my ex 2y years ago, didn't fall into tempation until recently and now we are pregnant again, and he is trying to prove to me that he can be a better dad and he is doing a great job but it's hard not to have all those feeling comes back for him. Seeing him with our son and being there for me while I'm pregnant has kind of made me into this useless woman against his charms.

MysticLove
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I was where you are a few years ago. The only thing I can say is:

An ex is an ex for a reason. Are those reasons still there? If not, then go for it. If so, then you know this time probably wont turn out any different.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:05 PM
4 moms liked this
If you think you could work it out and want to try, just take it very slow. Don't just jump back into the family mode. Remember he is your ex for a reason, so think with your head and not your heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I think you slept with him because you were stressed out about someone breaking into your car.  Stress can make us do funny things.  Don't beat up on yourself.  You're only human.

ChgIsGood2012
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM

If you think there is any hope for the two of you to work it out, keep an open mind, but don't let your feelings lead you so quickly. If you are interested in trying, then you two need to attempt to talk before you sleep together again.

I went through something remotely similar to this: My son's dad and I have been apart for almost 10 years now. Well, 2 years ago, he left his relationship at the time which opened the door for us to try something. But honestly, at the moment, i wasn't even thinking of trying things again. Things started happening when he came to my house for my son's 10th birthday party. And we hugged, and we felt something. So, fast forward some days, he came over, I was home alone, and we talked and kissed and stuff, but no sex. So, fast forward some more days, he came over, we had sex. But the sex wasn't passionate. BUT, after talking with him, I realized he just wanted sex. He wanted us to have a DL relationship. I told him I wasn't going to do that and if he wasn't interested in more, then I respect that, but I'm not going to be his side piece. So, he is now in a relationship with someone else and we are back to be cordial, nothing more, nothing less.

I know, I just made that about me, but the point is this: you have slept with him; he has shared his feelings, that's fine. And you two had a history, it's okay to want to make it work. But know what you want before you lay down with him again....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN