Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workplace gossip! Can't stand this chick

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

Yea I know I should let it roll off my back but her attitude about the situation is ridicolous! So there is a girl I work with, she is 21 and she was dating a co-worker of ours. They "dated" for about 2 or 3 weeks maybe a month times before he broke up with her because she was too "clingy" Everyone in the store knew they went together because she made sure to let everyone know. She's black and he's  white so I guess she thought their relationship was special or something.

Anyways, another girl and I were talking about the guys we work with and we started talking about him. Now most white guys I know or have seen or stick thin with no muscles, butt or anything lol This guy on the other hand is built really well. Broad shoulders, muscular legs, etc. I am not attracted to him in anyway I just like the way he is built.

Well someone goes back to her and tells her that I am attracted to her ex and so she got mad. This was all last week and I finally found out the reason she was mad last night. She said that she was mad because she said that it's disrespectful of me to want to date her ex knowing that they had previously dated.

I told her that she can't dictate who he dates after her regardless of whether it's someone in the store or whether it's a homeless woman in the parking lot. It just pisses me off, not because I'm attracted to him (he's not my type and I don't want sloppy 2nd's!)  but because she thinks she can dictate who anyone can date based on them having dated her.

What do you think??

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why dating should be kept out of the workplace. I don't know if you really can count them dating for a few weeks as an ex oy kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I think she is acting like a child and she needs to get over herself. She obviously one of those woman that can't get over things,  best thing is to ignore unless she confront you again.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM
She's not worth the energy you're giving her. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yea I know. It's just that it pisses me off that she thinks she can say who someone can and cannot date just because they dated her. Like who is she? Ugh!

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

She's not worth the energy you're giving her. Lol

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Shes insecure and immature. No wonder he dumped her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

i know i would brust out laughing in her face and remind her he broke up with her and he and you can get it on as much as you guys like, i would enjough making her jealous lol

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I couldn't do that because its wrong. It's just irks me that she thinks she has that much control over a person.

Quoting otoole:

i know i would brust out laughing in her face and remind her he broke up with her and he and you can get it on as much as you guys like, i would enjough making her jealous lol

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Good grief, no wonder he dumped her. I couldn't deal with that mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Dating for a few weeks = ex??? Well I have a lot more ex's than I thought! LMFAO

I think she is actling like a child.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I know right? She's only 21 but damn she should know better to be that petty! She said they still talk as friends though. In my head I'm thinking "who cares?" lol

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Dating for a few weeks = ex??? Well I have a lot more ex's than I thought! LMFAO

I think she is actling like a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)