Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I've been single for over 2½yrs...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
....and for the last 3mos. or so, it has been weighing very heavy on me. Up until recently, I have been just fine because dealing w/men can be such a hassle at times & I wanted no parts of it. But I miss all of the attention from the opposite sex, intimacy, etc. Ugh!! I'm lonely as hell, but all I have, for now, is an fwb.

I have been child-free since Weds. and will be until tomorrow at 6p. I should be snuggled up w/a beau, not frustrated about being lonely. Its making me soft; sometimes I can't help but to cry. I don't mean to whine about it, I'm just so frustrated and I feel weak & very vulnerable. I am a very strong person, and the fact that this is weighing on me so much is driving me nuts.

I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for listening.
MishaMOW
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
otoole
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:26 AM

i know that feeling, i was there once before. i have been single the past year and a half but it doesn't bother me to much yet. have you tried online dating?? it can be fun sometimes and you might meet a really nice guy

Misha1204
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I did try the online dating at the beginning of this year and met some nice guys. I'm thinking about doing it again, though.

Usually, I am fine...great, as a matter if fact. But, now, it's taking a major toll. Honestly, I keep thinking it'll pass....hasn't happened yet.

Quoting otoole:

i know that feeling, i was there once before. i have been single the past year and a half but it doesn't bother me to much yet. have you tried online dating?? it can be fun sometimes and you might meet a really nice guy

otoole
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM

trust me i know how you feel, i remeber that feeling so well and like that i kept thinking it would pass and just kept myself busy but at the end of the day when you go to bed on your own it hits you again, i got myself a puppy, she kept me so busy and got my in shape too. walking her i met alot of people too.i hope you do get a nice guy who treats you right, right now i am trying to get my ex to leave me alone so i am still pretty fed up with men still.

Quoting Misha1204:

I did try the online dating at the beginning of this year and met some nice guys. I'm thinking about doing it again, though.

Usually, I am fine...great, as a matter if fact. But, now, it's taking a major toll. Honestly, I keep thinking it'll pass....hasn't happened yet.

Quoting otoole:

Misha1204
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Same here....all of it.....the Ex...all of it. :)

Quoting otoole:

trust me i know how you feel, i remeber that feeling so well and like that i kept thinking it would pass and just kept myself busy but at the end of the day when you go to bed on your own it hits you again, i got myself a puppy, she kept me so busy and got my in shape too. walking her i met alot of people too.i hope you do get a nice guy who treats you right, right now i am trying to get my ex to leave me alone so i am still pretty fed up with men still.

Quoting Misha1204:

Quoting otoole:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I get it in waves. Why not get out there again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Tobe completely honest, there are 2 reasons...

1: I don't want to start over; event though I know that's a must to move forward.

2: I have been having self esteem issues.

I am 31 and I want to get married and have another baby some day, but I have gotten too complicated...even for me.

And on top of all of that, I really want to be in a relationship....but not desperately, though. Not just anybody, at all. I'm sooo lonely and I need the interaction. Issue after issue, huh? Lol.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I get it in waves. Why not get out there again?

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have advice on how to get over that, because I had times I felt like that. I would try to go out with gf's, stay longer at work,  anything to take my mind off being alone. I was happy when I was dating someone but it hard when you dont have someone steady. I guess just keep putting yourself out there.

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I am single too. It doesn't bother me often. I go to school full time and have my son 24/7. I don't have the time or money to be able to date.
MichelleSw
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I met my current SO. Online. 11 months strong. He wants to marry me lol. I need a little more time. Good luck.
owl0210
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I've been single for almost 2 years now and have dated but I honestly don't think I'm ready to move on since my divorce. I had a fwb and that made me feel like shit. I'm good enough to have sex with and go on dates with but not good enough to be someone's future wife so I ended that and feel much better about myself. I think when you're ready it will happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN