Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I've been single for over 2½yrs...

Posted by   + Show Post
....and for the last 3mos. or so, it has been weighing very heavy on me. Up until recently, I have been just fine because dealing w/men can be such a hassle at times & I wanted no parts of it. But I miss all of the attention from the opposite sex, intimacy, etc. Ugh!! I'm lonely as hell, but all I have, for now, is an fwb.

I have been child-free since Weds. and will be until tomorrow at 6p. I should be snuggled up w/a beau, not frustrated about being lonely. Its making me soft; sometimes I can't help but to cry. I don't mean to whine about it, I'm just so frustrated and I feel weak & very vulnerable. I am a very strong person, and the fact that this is weighing on me so much is driving me nuts.

I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for listening.
MishaMOW
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
haydensmom09
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done the FWB thing too and it's good in the begining but after awhile you start feeling like crap and like me I ended it after about 6 months!  I have the same thing with feeling down in the dumps and just alone all the time.  I have my daughter full time and I dont have much time for myself to date but it would be nice to have someone to cuddle up with every once in awhile!  Try to get a new hobby or something to keep you busy and not think about being lonely!  Good luck to you, if you need anyone to talk too feel free to email me sometime!

sthflachk
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no advice cause I am EXACTLY where you are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Try getting out of the house with a friend. I felt the same way until I started having a regular "going out night" with my friends.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Thats the worst part of being single. Why dont you start dating again? Sounds like you're ready. When you're feeling lonely,call in your fwb or go out with the girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I have had those moments. I'll be good in my singledom, then here comes a moment where is is tough. I think it's hardest when my son is not at home. But I have to keep in the forefront that it is temporary and will pass....I know that if I feel, I would feel worse than I do just being lonely...

Letaharrison1
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I know the feeling. Im dealing with the same thing. I have decided to experience my own eat, pray, love (locally). What that means is use yelp and search best resturants, best coffee shops, best museums, or whatever will get you out of the house. Do something recommended and make this be the one thing you do for yourself. It will get you to meet people and quite possibly a future husband. Whatever you do, do not try internet dating, especially if you are feeling lonely. I hope this helps.
Ali5683
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I haven't gotten to this point... yet. I know it's coming though. I have a lot going on right now so I don't have time or energy to deal with men. My confidence is also really low so it will take me some time to build that back up before I venture into the dating world again.

Sorry you're so lonely. This time of year doesn't help some that are in your shoes. <3

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

singlemama0905
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I can relate all too well. I left my sons dad in Jan 2010 when o was 6 wks pregnant, had a very short lived relationship right after my son was born (Oct-Dec 2010) and even though I dated a lil on and off up until recently I was single. I actually met my man online before he PCSd here and he was super persistent in catching my attention. Loved plain hard to get and having a man see me worth chasing. It'll come mama!
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I've been divorced an entire year exactly today.  I was with my ex for 26 years.  I haven't had a date in 27 years.  How does one go about doing that today without having to go through the internet?  I don't believe in finding a date on-line.  To me it's shopping for a date.  Looking at hundreds of pics of nice looking guys hoping they don't have issues and that's why they are single.  I'm through dealing with losers and scumbags.  I had one to last a lifetime.   I'm going about my life as I've been for the past year - just letting things happen.  A few guys have given me looks and have flirted.  But, that's it.  I plan on joining a church next year that will start a singles/divorce group.  I'm sure to make new friends - both male and female.  If anything I will gain new friends - something I don't have a lot of. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Same here

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I get it in waves. Why not get out there again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)