Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAS ANYONE DID THIS FOR SOMEBODY

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
My mom cable bill is $938.00 so I put the cable bill in my name until she get her taxes to pay it. I don't want to go to jail or anything I was just trying to help her since she don't make that much money. Has anyone ever did this before for someone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM
i was told u cant go to jail for a high bill..could she just pay little at a time.?? as long as u pay something u cant get in trouble.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Why would u go to jail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM
My mom did that for my grandma. But when she didn't pay the bill they shut off the satellite at my grandmas. So just make sure if your mom wants cable to keep on top of the bill or they will shut it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

how is it so high? you can't go to jail if it isn't paid you might get a letter saying they will take you to court if you don't pay it but they rarely ever follow up on that

VADIVA23
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I was asking can I go to jail for putting the cable bill in my name not for the cable bill she owe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM
No. It is not illegal but it can screw up your credit

Quoting VADIVA23:

I was asking can I go to jail for putting the cable bill in my name not for the cable bill she owe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VADIVA23
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM
GIRL I HOPE NOT I DONT HAVE ANY CREDIT AS IT IS I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.I will pay it for her its only 95.00 I'm just doing it until she pay her bill I'm moving in March.

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting VADIVA23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Seeing you LIVE there, there is nothing wrong with having the bill in your name. Just make sure the bill is paid or your credit takes the hit.

You can NOT go to jail for not paying your bills or putting a bill in your name for someone else. A judge can order your wages garnished to pay off high bills but it usually just stays on your credit for 7 years.

Quoting VADIVA23:

GIRL I HOPE NOT I DONT HAVE ANY CREDIT AS IT IS I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.I will pay it for her its only 95.00 I'm just doing it until she pay her bill I'm moving in March.

Quoting conniejo75:

Quoting VADIVA23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Your original post said the bill is $938.00
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I think the monthly cable bill OP is paying is the $90 something. She's not paying the past due bill of her moms, she's paying a new account.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Your original post said the bill is $938.00
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)