Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

To be single or not to be single

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM
  • 24 Replies

I am feeling really crazy right now. Currently i am single but its because i broke up with my boyfiend just 2 days ago. I need advice bad. I cant turn to my family and talk to them beause they love him and they wont listen to me. I broke up with him because I think he has scared me away. We  had only been togther 5 months and he has been telling me he loves me since the 3rd month. He as also been asking me if I wanted anymore kids. i already have 2 myself an d my youngest is only 2. He told me that he hasnt fell for anyone this fast or feels like he has with me. Not to mention he has mentioned repeatedly about us getting married like asap. He has proved himself, he does for me and my girls with no problem. My girls actually love him very much. I have tried explaining to him I'm not use to this, even before we got together I told him I wasnt looking for a boyfriend, but he kept asking, so i gave it a try and wouldnt be so bad but I dont like feeling like im under pressure from my family and him. They gave him their "blessing" about a month. It really feels like it happened too fast and it makes me look like the bad person because part of me wants out. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM
I would have run away like hell too. The wanting serious commitment so fast is a huge red flag. I think you did the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM
My ex was like that. I fell for it. Nothing but regrets. You did the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I dont blame you. Men that get serious too fast scare me. I got one that aint even took me on a date and he wants to move in. Do what?! I havent even let him kiss me. Sheesh!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PetulaW
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's the right one then he'll respect your wishes and slow down. Do not give into anyone's pressure. This is your choice. Do what you feel is right for you when it comes to your relationship. Not what is right for him, your family or your children. This is about your happiness and love. Your safety, peace, desire, wants, needs, etc. The others are right: RED FLAG!

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Whatever you do, do not give in to them and rush into something youre not ready for. Its not mean at all that you arent looking to get married and that shit. Make it clear to him and your family that youre just not ready for all this. If hes really that into you, he will be willing to wait until or if you're ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
That's too fast for someone to be acting like that plus he sounds pushy. He may have good intentions though. Did you explain to him he's rushing? If you don't want to be with him don't do it and don't let anyone pressure you to. It's your natural instincts working. Follow them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM

completely agree! sometimes, short term relationships work out... one girl i know- her parents met on friday and decided to get married on sunday. they've been together for 40 some years now! but they were both ready for the commitment.

if he loves you and RESPECTS you, he'll take it slow, as slow as you need him to. 3 months is such a short time. my past relationships never got abusive until 9 months in (all 3 of them, oddly enough! lol). they all proved themselves in the beginning, but after you get comfortable, people slip, they fail.... 3 months isnt enough to get comfortable

Quoting PetulaW:

If he's the right one then he'll respect your wishes and slow down. Do not give into anyone's pressure. This is your choice. Do what you feel is right for you when it comes to your relationship. Not what is right for him, your family or your children. This is about your happiness and love. Your safety, peace, desire, wants, needs, etc. The others are right: RED FLAG!

LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM
If you aren't ready don't rush. But tell him make it clear so he knows explain yourself and see what he says regardless of anyone else. If he is the one or really cares he will Respect your choice. Good luck love:) I wish you the best!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM
If he truly loves you he will respect your feelings and concerns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM
That is way quick. That would be red flags galore to me (regardless of how my kids feel).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)