Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Don't Worry Be Happy?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just don't know why I cannot be happy. I dont think I'm depressed just sad, angry, and frustrated most of the time. I love my son more than anything in the world....however for his happiness I have taken away mine. I just feel like I do not know who I am anymore and I feel trapped. I'm 31 years old, had to move back in with my mom (which we mostly DISagree on things plus shes a micromanager type) I work shift hours so I'm rarely with my son and when I am there he seems to want to spend time with his grandma. I work so I can pay for his daycare, diapers, food, etc....I should be grateful for the help, which I am, but at times it gets very frustrating and alone. My family doesnt understand why I'm sad all the time but have they tried to understand. I've suggested counseling to my mom which she agreed too however Ive yet to hear any updates. I sometimes just wonder will this cycle of things ever end...I hate living with my mom and her husband and I want to be on my own again... going crazy

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM
It sounds like you are depressed and could benefit from counseling of your own. Go to counseling and do what's necessary to move out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyDayz
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I am going through similar problems. I am by far depressed, and it literally is eating me away day by day. My self esteem is extremly low. Ex left me for someone who was way prettier than me, that hurt me to the core. Which added on to more of my depressing. Smh. I hope you feel better!hugs

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM
You won't be happy with anyone or anything until you learn to be happy with and love yourself first. You could definitely benefit from some counseling also. Sounds like you're depressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Depression is a hard thing to cure on your own.  I concur with everyone else.  Seek counseling with a church counselor.  They might even know how to get professional counseling done free.  Good luck to you, mama!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)