Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Planning Outdoor Birthday Party In December, Need Tips

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am planning my five year olds first birthday party on December 5th or the weekend of that day.  My son thinks everyone is his friend and wants to invite everyone, but I dont want everyone in my house!  I want it cut and dry and I am on a budget.  I was given the idea to host his party at an outdoor park where you dont have to pay.  It has two large outdoor pavilions so if someone else has party planned I am sure I can still get in there.  Put out the cake, get some ballons, get some music, and the kids can play at the playground until it is time to eat cake.

Can anyone share their expereince and give their advice?  If it helps, I live in southeast ga.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lnrmom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If its a first birthday, just do family and close family friends and do it with cake and ice cream at home.

reindeergames
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I think she said he is turning five but this is his first birthday party. 

What are you looking for exactly with tips? Around here crashing the park & having a party is popular & we've never had issues with that, kids always love it too. Hit up dollar tree for birthday decor so it'll be cheap esp where it's outdoors. Music most likely is not needed, we never do music personally everyone just chit chats. Everyone always has drinks & some snacks but no much just things such as chips, maybe some veggies. 

Doing that kind of a party is very popular around here I don't see it an issue & think everyone will like it just fine. 

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Can't help. I'm in Wisconsin and its way too cold for outdoor parties in December.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Call the park and see if you can reserve a pavilion I would be nervous about outside in December. I did my sons at a pizza place all we had to do was buy pizza and drinks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN