Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

everyone is in a relationship but me:(

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

Well im just a bit down about something. My cousin emailed me a few weeks ago saying shes getting married and im invited..

Another cousin of mine just emailed me today to say she is getting married aswell and now im getting a bit upset about it.

Im jelous that Im still single, havent been out with anyone in years becasue iv been so wrapped up in raising my son and getting my degree in college. I just feel really lonely sometimes been along with my son. Im begining to think ill never meet someone.

I want to be happy for my cousins but its hard:(

Anyone else feel like this??

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Not anymore. I learned to make myself happy. I'd rather be alone than he in a relationship just to not be alone.

No one can make you happy before you make yourself happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

In order to be IN a relationship you have to go out and meet people. You're not in that phase of your life right now, so enjoy the ride you're on right now. If being in a relationship is important to you, go out and meet people.

LovelyDayz
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM

In the same boat. but I am done with relationships. Any kind for that matter!

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Thats normal. But if you learn to be happy with just yourself, not having a man isnt an issue. Its a nice bonus, but you dont need one to be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

OP - Congrats to your cousins, how wonderful for them!

I have to say, you are no the only person here not in a relationship.  In fact, I'd venture a guess that you're not the only person you know personally who is single. 

I agree with the below.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Not anymore. I learned to make myself happy. I'd rather be alone than he in a relationship just to not be alone.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

This is pretty much how I feel as well.

Quoting tyfry7496:

ohauflower13
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I know exactly how you feel! I am a single mom to a boy who is 7 and I am working, and working on my second degree and I have been on some dates but they never work out. This is the part that confuses me... I always hear this "Your beautiful and have a lot going for you, you seem like a great catch, why arent you married?"

I am tired of hearing this over and over because if they only knew that I long for the loving relationship but it just seems like these men that I meet are intimidated by me. I do not know what to do?

mommytobe3131
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM

i feel the same way.  As my mom tells me everything happen for a reason. It will come to you when the time is right.

Quoting amonkeymom:

OP - Congrats to your cousins, how wonderful for them!

I have to say, you are no the only person here not in a relationship.  In fact, I'd venture a guess that you're not the only person you know personally who is single. 

I agree with the below.

Quoting tyfry7496:

ChgIsGood2012
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Yep, I understand. But you aren't the only one. Be happy for them. If the shoe were on the other foot, you'd want them to be happy for you...

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

It's normal to feel left out when you see others in relationships.  I've been single for almost a year.  I'm ready to get involved in a relationship.  Been on a few dates.  All of them have been duds.  They were set-up dates.  I'm never going on a set-up date again.  I should have listened to my head and met someone by happenstance like I did my ex.  I'm joining a church that will start a singles/divorce group next year.  I know I will end up meeting a lot of other people just like me.  And, hopefully, a few nice men will be in this mix. 

Be happy for your cousins.  One day you will be inviting them to your own wedding. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)