Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

everyone is in a relationship but me:(

Posted by   + Show Post

Well im just a bit down about something. My cousin emailed me a few weeks ago saying shes getting married and im invited..

Another cousin of mine just emailed me today to say she is getting married aswell and now im getting a bit upset about it.

Im jelous that Im still single, havent been out with anyone in years becasue iv been so wrapped up in raising my son and getting my degree in college. I just feel really lonely sometimes been along with my son. Im begining to think ill never meet someone.

I want to be happy for my cousins but its hard:(

Anyone else feel like this??

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-19):
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I'm not in a realtionship! With a new puppy coming into the family in a couple of weeks, I won't even have time for a social life! My social life will be raising TWO kids now! :P

Ali5683
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I have felt that way before. It's hard getting wedding invitations and Save The Dates when you're alone. It sucks!! I feel ya girl. Hang in there. Your time is coming. :)

I'm not a religious person, I'm not even Christian. But about a month ago I was feeling very lonely. One Sunday morning I turned the TV on and Joel Osteen was on. I had never heard of him before but it was perfect timing for me. The topic was "Your Time Is Coming." Here is a link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYwiQTeasU

It really put things in perspective for me even though I'm not religious at all. It was nice to hear that my time will come whether it's preplanned by a higher power or not.

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Couldn't have said it better

Quoting tyfry7496:

Not anymore. I learned to make myself happy. I'd rather be alone than he in a relationship just to not be alone.

No one can make you happy before you make yourself happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VonMarieD
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Some ppl are actually IN relationships and saying "everybody is HAPPY but me" ...LOL...Sad but true. You'll be fine! :)
browneyedgrl00
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of women including myself is the same situation. When we get a certain age we want the marriage and family but what I've been told is that good things come to those that wait. I pray and asked god to send me a good man that will love me and my baby, may be you can try doing the same. A way that I get this off my mind is focusing on my baby and blocking other things out.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

been there done that. i was single for 13 years. it wasnt my time, so i got used to it and did me and finalyl i met the one.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I feel ya. I thought i found the perfect man. He just went poof. No explanation won't return contact. So i feel like I'll be alone forever too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh...but so often that is hard if the dad is not around and financially supportive. I have kids 100% of the time ( not that i am complaining) work full time and care for the apartment full time - so I feel like anytime I have not working or cleaning or helping w homework etc should be spent w the kids trying to have fun and make good memories w them. Also since there is no financial help we are scraping by and there is just no money to go out or pursue hobbies.

Quoting lnrmom:

In order to be IN a relationship you have to go out and meet people. You're not in that phase of your life right now, so enjoy the ride you're on right now. If being in a relationship is important to you, go out and meet people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

No excuse.

I had my kids 100% of the time, no financial assistance, closest family 3 hours away. Worked full time and went to school full time (Thank GOD for online courses). I've been there. When the kids go to bed, enjoy some quiet time with yourself. You don't have to spend money to have a hobby. Enjoy a good book. Watch a movie. Hobbies don't have to be expensive, and neither does falling in love with yourself.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Ahhh...but so often that is hard if the dad is not around and financially supportive. I have kids 100% of the time ( not that i am complaining) work full time and care for the apartment full time - so I feel like anytime I have not working or cleaning or helping w homework etc should be spent w the kids trying to have fun and make good memories w them. Also since there is no financial help we are scraping by and there is just no money to go out or pursue hobbies.

Quoting lnrmom:

In order to be IN a relationship you have to go out and meet people. You're not in that phase of your life right now, so enjoy the ride you're on right now. If being in a relationship is important to you, go out and meet people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)