Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

need medical insurance wasnt sure where to post this

Posted by   + Show Post
So according to washington PA I do qualify for food but not medical. So I was wondering if any of you ladies knew of a decent insurance plan that my son and I can get on for 100 or less a month and little to no co-pay. I am coming here for advice, not to be bashed so please keep any snarky comments to yourself. And before any of you assume I'm living off the state I do work I just don't make enough to afford everything I need which I'm working on. I am finally getting out of debt and am able to start saving money and hopefully will be off assistance soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-16):
mamadismay
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM
You've all been very helpful thank you:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM
This is what I was going to suggest

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

have you looked up healthy families that is a low income insurance they offer in california not sure if they offer it in washington

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambrsmm7
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM

BUMP!

mswaney79
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

In the state of Indiana, the guidelines for medicaid are higher than the guidelines for food stamps.  That sucks that you are eligible for one but not the other.  I have a good job and get child support but my girls are on medicaid.  I wouldn't know what to do if I had to pay for private insurance.  Hope you find some insurance that is reasonable.

InsuranceDr
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I  found this site www.insurance-dr.com .  I was able to find affordable health insurance in my area.

Ali5683
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Not for that price. Sorry girl. When I was unemployed I couldn't find health insurance for my son and I for under $500 per month. That was the best plan available to me. It even had a deductible of $2000 and high co-pays. It was terrible. Your best bet is finding an employer who offers insurance. I pay $90 per month with a $700 deductible and no co-pay. The coverage is amazing but I couldn't get this great of insurance privately. Try finding a new job? Even places like Starbucks and grocery store chains offer great insurance.

Good luck! :)

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN