Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get pregnant even though my period is a week away?? HELP! (please?) *EDITED*

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 60 Replies

My fwb and I had sex earlier this morning and the condom busted. Yes, he came inside of me but seeing as that I'm on CD 22 of a usual 33 day cycle, should I be concerned about pregnancy? My LMP was November 4th. I don't do OPK's or chart, the only thing I do is track my cycle from month to month and sometimes I note the various symptoms. According to most online ovulation calculators my O days would have been the 21st-25th. My period should be here on the 7th I think? Advice please?? Thanks ladies

*EDIT*- I do not plan on taking Plan B or having an abortion, adoption, etc. If I am pregnant I will accept it and woman up to my responsibilities. I am asking not for "advice" but more for what do you think the probabilty of me being pregnant is? Thanks ladies.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sallij
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Yes, you can get pregnant. If you are concerned, contact a dr/pharmacy for plan B emergency contraceptive. It is most effective within the first 72 hours I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh geez! You can get pregnant at any time, ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Yea. You can get pregnant ANYTIME you have sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anon22
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Thanks for your replies ladies. I think its a slim chance that I could be pregnant with my period being so close though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Yes you can plan B!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anon22
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM
You can get pregnant while ON your period! Trust me after 2 mcs and 3 years ive spent a lot of time ttcing and online cycle charts are almost always wrong or off.... Plan B ASAP. Or you could go and buy pregnancy tests.... Unless your on bcp... Go get plan b

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Yes the others are right. You can get pregnant any time of the month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Ovulation is the best time to get pregnant but you can get pregnant anytime of the month.  Get that plan B ASAP!

mommyinvt
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I think you are most firtile 14 days after your cycle but better be safe than sorry. Plan B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)