Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Holy freaking crap!!!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do your kids have major temper tantrums when they gets back from their dads? Mine came in the door at 5, saw the Christmas tree and got excited. I made them dinner and all of a sudden it was meltdown city!!! They wouldnt eat, cried and cried, didn't want me to take their plate but didn't want to eat it either. Finally I had enough and they got down from the table. Then we had two seconds of peace before they started screaming while playing, fighting, etc. I decided early bedtime was definitely in order. They cried the whole time I put them in pajamas, cried while I got their beds ready, they didn't want to cuddle, so they got put in bed and cried themselves to sleep after about 10 minutes. Good Lord!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Yes. Not that extreme. But my two don't like to listen when they come back from their dads. I had a battle yesterday with DD (she's 6.5) and by the end of the night she was up my butt.

I have picked my battles with them. They are figuring out this is my house and my rules. And they lose privileges when they don't listen. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM
They are two year old twins. They can't tell me what goes on at dads or if they got a nap that day or not, just cry fest. Lol!

Quoting a06z08mama:

Yes. Not that extreme. But my two don't like to listen when they come back from their dads. I had a battle yesterday with DD (she's 6.5) and by the end of the night she was up my butt.

I have picked my battles with them. They are figuring out this is my house and my rules. And they lose privileges when they don't listen. Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Yeah. Early bedtime is best at that age! Well even for my two. They are 6.5 & almost 5. And I know they don't go to bed like they should when they are there.

Quoting Stephd710:

They are two year old twins. They can't tell me what goes on at dads or if they got a nap that day or not, just cry fest. Lol!

Quoting a06z08mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinaCrystal
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Mines came back crying last time his Dad had him for two days he's only 5 months I didn't understand it either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Hugs mama I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I think that your kids will eventually adjust to being with their dad and coming home to you.  I'm sure its separation anxiety. Hugs, mama!

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Yes my son has tantrums and also bad behavior issues especially since dear old dad decided to come into the picture after 4 1/2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bnh89
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM
My DD(3) and DS(2) almost always act like that when they come home. I know part of the problem is he lets them stay up late and sleep in till 11 or 12 and at home they're in bed asleep by 8 and up by 730 in the morning. I think there's also a lack of discipline because he wants to be the fun parent. Drives me crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

My son use to do that, but for the most part it stopped when our transitions started happening at daycare/school.  Hopefully things get better for you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN