Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Looking for advise and support regarding my 5 year old son..His father stopped paying child support

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello everyone...Looking for advise as well as support regarding my 5.5 year old son.  His father stopped paying child support.  His father has only seen him 4 or 5 times but has paid support for the past 5.5 years.  He is a well known preofessional athlete.  It has been kept out of the public.  I need to know of any womens support groups that are out there to assist in the "deadbeat dad" support.  I have been a mother and a father to my son.  His father has been void.  ANy womens groups? I believe this will go public and I will need all the suppot I can get.  Oh by the way he did sign the birth certificate, and agreement to pay child support and just stopped paying.  All of a sudden he wants a DNA test after 5.5 years.  I agreed to it cause I have nothing to hide and he is the father.  He wants to have the test done seperately, without my son and I present.  that is not how it works where I live.  the mother and the father and child all go in for the Dna test at the same time...He has alot of money and there is too much room for error.

Any thoughts comments?  A single Mom in need of advice!!!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-19):
singlemama0905
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I would just work on getting an order in place to have cs set in court and garnishments to start taking place to collect. It's been 5 years, no judge is going to order a DNA test, especially since he signed the birth certificate. If HE wants to continue to keep it all quiet and is still insisting on a DNA test he needs to just man up and follow guidelines in doing so. Money can't buy everything and it's time for him to understand that. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lita5202
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM

It is time to take him to court. Tell him all 3 present or you will go to the courts. If he really doesnt want it to go that far he will give in if not GO FILE!!!! don't delay

therock07
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Thank you all so much for the advice and support!!! I'm taking your advice and filing!!! Feel bad for my son cause his father has seen him 4 times and has never been an active role in his life. He just paid the support. I didn't want any problems. Just thought he might come around. Look for me in the news!!! Don't want to do it but I have no other choice? !!!!
Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Yep. I agree with her. Get a lawyer and have the DNA test done and also have the lawyer to make it court ordered where he has to pay childsupport. Unless the deadbeat wants to sit in jail. My kids dad is a deadbeat. He escaped from work release just so he couldn't pay. His sorry girlfriend helped him escape. So their made for each other. My kids dad has no visitation with them(court ordered).

Quoting ohauflower13:

Sounds like he is trying to get out of paying his child support...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

file with child support enforcement, he will love that!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM

dont do it. he wants to submit someone elses DNA. if he has money he can get an attorney to get a judge to let him have a legal test. he doesnt want to do that because he wants to do it under a private firm to do a fraud. then it will be hard to retest.

Quoting therock07:

he might be deined the test in court.  Because he signed the birth certificate and has been paying for 5 years...I agreed out of court and tried to settle with him.. His issue is he doesnt want to be present with his son and I at the DNA test.  He wants is done seperately....Very odd...

tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I was thinking that too. He doesn't want you there because he's sending someone else to take the test. Contact an attorney and file for custody and child support. When he shows up and denies he's the father after signing to BC, a DNA will be offered at his expense.

Quoting faerie75:

dont do it. he wants to submit someone elses DNA. if he has money he can get an attorney to get a judge to let him have a legal test. he doesnt want to do that because he wants to do it under a private firm to do a fraud. then it will be hard to retest.

Quoting therock07:

he might be deined the test in court.  Because he signed the birth certificate and has been paying for 5 years...I agreed out of court and tried to settle with him.. His issue is he doesnt want to be present with his son and I at the DNA test.  He wants is done seperately....Very odd...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Why do you care if you all three are there together? 

Get it done, get it on paper and that's really all there is to it. They'll take it out of his paycheck. 

Why do you say it will probably go public, unless you were thinking of making go public to pressure him? 

Is it really news these days if a well known athlete fathers a child? 

On the personal side, it hurts for you and your son, but you can't force him to care or be a good father. 

Good luck. 

therock07
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM
If I have to file it will be public. If all 3 are not present he could pay someone off send someone else to do his DNA test. That would be a problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)