Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello Ladies-

I need some words of wisdom, some funny stories, and maybe some advice with this issue...

I hear this a lot "your beautiful, you have a lot going for yourself, you seem like a great catch, why aren't you married?"

I then have to wonder if some men are intimidated by strong, smart, beautiful women?

What are your thoughts because I have been a single parent for 7 years and there is something missing in my heart,,, LOVE FROM A MAN :)

Do you ever go to an event or experience something really amazing, and all you want to do is share it with someone (other than your child)

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (11-13):
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Thats a normal feeling. Im sure you are amazing, you just havent found 'him' yet. Dont let it get you down. Your turn will come, probably when you least expect it. Sounds corny, but its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I have been divorced and single for 7 yrs. I too thought the same thing as you. But to be honest, now I'm just happy being single. I don't need a man to make me happy. I'm 36 yrs old and have discovered theirs more to life then worry about men. I have picked up new hobbies,go places,and do things I've not done. I spend all my time with my kids,we do everything together. Plus being a single mom scares away most all men. Once you mention to a man you have kids you never hear from them again or they make excuses. All the men I met or spoke to are Losers,liars,cheaters or users. Guess that rules out 95% of all men.

Quoting singlemama0905:

All the time. I used to really let it get to me, but when guys comment like that or pull the "if you didn't have a kid..." lines I really respect them for being honest. It would be nice to be married, not be doin this all alone, but I've changed my thinking a lot. Being a single parent has made it even easier to chase away the guys not meant for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Oh I know, I don't mind being a single mom at all anymore. I quit caring and no man would bring more joy than my son, he's everything I need, even though a man is nice.

I quit looking quite awhile ago..and it wasn't until I quit that someone came around. I tried to push him away and blow him off, but he fought tooth and nail to get me to notice him.

Quoting Zacknalexmom:

I have been divorced and single for 7 yrs. I too thought the same thing as you. But to be honest, now I'm just happy being single. I don't need a man to make me happy. I'm 36 yrs old and have discovered theirs more to life then worry about men. I have picked up new hobbies,go places,and do things I've not done. I spend all my time with my kids,we do everything together. Plus being a single mom scares away most all men. Once you mention to a man you have kids you never hear from them again or they make excuses. All the men I met or spoke to are Losers,liars,cheaters or users. Guess that rules out 95% of all men.

Quoting singlemama0905:

All the time. I used to really let it get to me, but when guys comment like that or pull the "if you didn't have a kid..." lines I really respect them for being honest. It would be nice to be married, not be doin this all alone, but I've changed my thinking a lot. Being a single parent has made it even easier to chase away the guys not meant for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)